Nytro track length?

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
I have a 162 track with ice age rails..... Can I fit a 163" on that skid without any issues??? Or is it too long? Thanks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have an 3/4" adjustment left you will be fine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you need to go to smaller drivers up front you will need more adjustment obiviously

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you find the answer? I thought the 163 track was a 2.52 pitch vs the 162 track 3.00 pitch. I could be wrong though.

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
I ended up going with a 162 powder claw take off from an arctic cat.......and one thing that is for sure, is that track is a complete piece of garbage. Some guys were saying they were good on a turbo Nytro but they obviously havnt compared it to a challenger extreme! That track just spins and has a very hard time hooking up. It is also way too soft too. It roosts snow for at least 60 feet behind me when I pin it. It's down right embarrassing! Lol

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah have never liked the powder claw…. Seems to just scoop the snow and throw it out in the deep leaving you on your running boards. Know lots of guys with their cats that put a camp extreme on them and totally made a better sled out of them.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ended up going with a 162 powder claw take off from an arctic cat.......and one thing that is for sure, is that track is a complete piece of garbage. Some guys were saying they were good on a turbo Nytro but they obviously havnt compared it to a challenger extreme! That track just spins and has a very hard time hooking up. It is also way too soft too. It roosts snow for at least 60 feet behind me when I pin it. It's down right embarrassing! Lol

I tried running the stock maverik track on my nytro when I first turboed it, it was funny...I was ready to feel the surge of power and watch the trees streak by and......pinned it....noise....then rev limiter....and very slow forward movement....I was sure a 120 would have out accelerated me !!!!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I'm running a 2013 - 163 x 16 x 2.5 Challenger Extreme on my turbo nytro and am real happy with this track. It hooks up fast and keeps together quite well. I haven't had any lugs fly off this season or lugs folding over. Last season I had several lugs fold over and some rip off. The footprint is 16" wide but the lugs are about 1/4" inside of that tapering in about 3/4". With this design I've had no rubbing on anything in the tunnel.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score

Which Powder Claw is it? I have heard good things about the 2.6, but I run a 3" Camo

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a POWER Claw 153 track (not a powder claw) on my stock Nytro, and it is actually a fairly good all around track, but the Maverick is a fairly good all around track too. I did not see a huge difference, not enough to justify the money. I run a Camo Extreme 162 on the turbo, and is a far superior deep snow track, but not as good a ditch banger, but that is not why we run turbos is it?
The power claw also comes in two levels of hardness, the softer for powder and the harder for racing. In Catland one is for an M8 the other for an HCR.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom