Nytro Starter question

Redneck002

Reaction score
Last night i went to fire up my Nytro to do a service on it and when i touched the key the solenoid gave a couple clicks before the sled turned over i thought maybe the battery was a bit week so i put a trickle on it over night i gave it a crank this am and it clicked once then when i turned the key again it fired do you guys think its a dead spot in the starter or just the solenoid?

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went through this two different times and it is likely your starter relay. Take right side panel off and just ahead of the oil tank you will see where a thick red batter lead goes to the starter relay with a black ground cable attaching just beside it. Pull the shiny rubber caps back off both leads, turn your key on, and touch both of the 8 mm bolt heads with a pair of metal pliers. Sled should fire right up! This will confirm it is your starter relay. Just order one up and replace which takes about two minutes. Hope this helps!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And don't ignore it! When they get like that they can also get stuck on. You won't know it till your starter melts. I actually put a light on my dash that told me if the starter stayed energized after the key was released. Did that after my son melted his starter.

JDen

Reaction score
Last night i went to fire up my Nytro to do a service on it and when i touched the key the solenoid gave a couple clicks before the sled turned over i thought maybe the battery was a bit week so i put a trickle on it over night i gave it a crank this am and it clicked once then when i turned the key again it fired do you guys think its a dead spot in the starter or just the solenoid?

Mine just did that the other day for the first time ever. Every time I hit the key it just clicked up there where the solenoid is, then after a while it just decided to start and hasn't given grief since, I thought it was just something frozen as it was sitting out in my trailer. Guess I should maybe change this solenoid as well, good to know!

Top Bottom