Nytro Relevance

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found myself riding my Xm more than my Nytro this year! Reason :Not enough deep snow days! But the odd trip out we had nipple deep powder and the XM stayed in the trailer. I had to do at least four or five loops with my Nytro before stopping to help all my stuck buddies on their two strokes! Just cause I was having too much fun! I'll be keeping mine for years as I can't get what I need out of it. But in four or five years from now it will still be as reliable as whatever newer light weight thing I may be riding. Only have 8500km on it now so maybe at 20,000 I will just hang it from the shop roof! Oh yeah remind me to beef up the shop roof!! LOL

SRT

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! I'm sure your roof will be fine!!

Sent from missing plane.

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I am disappointed with the Maverick track on my Nytro. I am upgrading to a Peak 2.5 soon. So after that hopefully my trenching problem is taken care of. I am happy with my Nytro...

Sent from missing plane.

I own 2 Nytro, well at lease one is, the other one is cross bread with a Apex..lol. I change the track on the Nytro for 2.5 (153") and made a huge difference, its as a MPI 180 turbo with Skinz front A-arms on it and works good. I can side hill with it and falow for as long as I want, go down hill and turn, carve and go back up... not like the rest of the professional riders but it's working progress . Sure it's not light like the rest of the sleds out there but it brings me where ever I won't to go, I even suprize myself on the places that I've went. The Nypex is more fun by all means cause it hase a bit more power... ok a lot more power, I can go as many places than my Nytro. There surprisingly nible for heavy sled, a bit of a work out... that's ok cause I need it.

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that comparing a 180 Nytro to a Nypex is a little unfair. What kind of horsepower are we talking about? Has anyone compared a 270/280 hp Nytro to a Nypex? That would be interesting. I thought it was ironic that people took out the best part of a Nytro to make a Nypex. Very cool anyway.

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that comparing a 180 Nytro to a Nypex is a little unfair. What kind of horsepower are we talking about? Has anyone compared a 270/280 hp Nytro to a Nypex? That would be interesting. I thought it was ironic that people took out the best part of a Nytro to make a Nypex. Very cool anyway.

I didn't want to compare HP between the 2 of them, just the way they handle that's all. As far as HP on the Nypex I dont know, anywhere from 290 to 320+ depending on how much boost. I love the 4 cylinder better my self, if you would look in the engine compartment you wouldn't even know that it's a 4 cylinder in there.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

cant really compare them,they are close for the first 100ft then the apex motor pulls away,a 4 cylinder motor spinning 11500rpm vs a 3cylinder turning 8900rpm.turbos like rpm,my nytro will beat a stock motor turbo apex but i have allot of motor work to get it there.i still ride my nytro & will continue too,when the snow is deep its a fun sled.

SRT

Reaction score
After riding my buds Arctic cat Sno Pro in McBride last week. I called dealer on Saturday and snow checked a Viper MTX 162. I plan to keep my Nytro as a back up sled.

Sent from missing plane.

Top Bottom