Nytro powderlites turbo

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
People get too tied up in HP numbers. The truth is, pretty much everyone on this forum rides these sleds at elevation and they all lose power up there.
Whos kit runs the best and who is the fastest...that is more important than HP.
I was riding with a couple nice fellas from Idaho last year that said they were making 300 HP, but my sled was faster all day. Finally one of them asked me what I was making for horsepower, so I told him probably 220-230. So he asked me why my sled was faster. I just told him he hadn't converted his sled over to Cdn horsepower yet...he was only 200 here. Lol

Its only a number, I say look who's sleds are fast and run the most consistent.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I finally go this sled put back together tonight…..started it up to align the track and warm things up to make sure coolant is circulating……couple things i noticed
there issue vapour coming out the oil catch can at idle……put your finger over it it actually pressures up…..Should this be concerning? The other thing is it sure doesn't wick up like my apex did on the stand….seems very doggy…..is this typical on a nytro compared to a apex? The AF is saying 17 at idle give it a wee bit of throttle it comes down to 13 ish……I traded my mint apex for this sled…..hoping the motor isn't toast.

I know until i get it on the snow its hard to tell…..we have no snow here to test

Clutching is as follows

primary
blue brown blue
dyta 1 73-81g

secondary
47 helix
epi purple

NM you around tomorrow afternoon to give me some pointers on this boost it box? Or can anyone let me know what the baseline settings should be? It should be setup already….i haven't touched it….just would like to know what to look for if theres issues on my first ride...

or i just maybe looking to far into it….like usual lol

Last edited:

08nytro

Reaction score
Does it have stock injectors in the fuel rail?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah not sure....I assume it would....has the boost it ones in the intercooler

08nytro

Reaction score
Some of the powderlites kits had the stock grey injectors and some had aftermarket green ones. I'd check that and also what fuel regulator are you running ..stock apex?

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your clutching should be okay, the 73 g Daltons is also what I run. It probably ran okay before so unless there is a cracked spring or something it should be fine. Get the power straight first.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NM you around tomorrow afternoon to give me some pointers on this boost it box? Or can anyone let me know what the baseline settings should be?

I sent you a Pm.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Injectors look grey. Not sure on reg. looks stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 206

08nytro

Reaction score
Yeah that's apex regulator. You could try messing with your C.O's to get idle better. What is your motor making for vacuum ?

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So fist ride out.....updated to the latest boost it map.....was running 14psi....it wouldn't make enough power to pull 73 g ...guessing I need to drop to base 66g weights.

NM

Reaction score
So fist ride out.....updated to the latest boost it map.....was running 14psi....it wouldn't make enough power to pull 73 g ...guessing I need to drop to base 66g weights.
if you want to run that kind of boost then you will need lighter weights. I can trade you if you want.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Neil.....I have a set of dalton 66 will give them a try.....no I would like to run 17 psi, but I wasn't sure what ratio of race or av to premium fuel I needed....I know the mcx guys are running 17+ on premium at elevation. Powderlites say 12psi on pump.....I'm not exactly sure on the internals of the motor, looks like head shim to me.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will try 50/50 av prem at 17psi......wake this thing up....lol. Thanks

Reactions: NM

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well installing 66g Dalton's and 17psi of boost woke this thing up. Was a blast to ride. Had a few issues with the intake freezing up. Not a fan of the bov at the bottom of the intercooler. Sure makes a mess. What kind of bov are guys running? Thinking of welding this one off and installing one. Blew a belt at 17psi going up a hill....wasn't cool. Not sure what happen , clutches didn't seem warm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Reactions: NM

NM

Reaction score
Check the panels for a place where snow could get in. If they slip at all then bam they are done.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one have this happen? No snow dust conditions was warm. Had stopped for a minute in a creek , went to go was soft so went hard on the throttle so not to get stuck and bam. Clutch wasn't hot and the belt never blew off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

08nytro

Reaction score
Yikes ha ha never seen that before no.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score