Nytro handling, what's it like?

Smoke Show

Reaction score
I've been looking at turbo nytros for absolutely no reason but it has intrigued me none the less. I've heard so many different handling stories. I've driven a 2010 240 mcx nytro just around my house and it seemed heavy but very well planted, i didn't feel like I was getting bounced around like my xp when I cut ditches at angles. Compared to say an xp how does it side hill and stuff?

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No matter what anyone says if your in more than two feet of powder on a turbo Nytro it has so much instant power you just pop the front end out of the snow and wiggle an ass cheek and put it where you want. I will ride in the trees with anyone. In less snow than that it is harder to handle for sure. If you get into chest or armpit deep snow then you cant wipe the grin off my face as I circle all my stuck buddies on Pro's and E-teks. Im not bashing them as you can see from my signature I own all three. But when the snows really deep I leave the two strokes in the trailer and take my (Boat anchor,Lead sled) As everyone calls them. I get stuck way less on it than I do with less power lighter sleds. Any naysayers just come and ride with me when the snows deep and you will change your opinion. Most guys who bad mouth them have actually never ridden one in deep snow. Oh side note I only weigh 175lbs myself so its not like I'm Muscleing it wherever I go.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a side not I should say that my Nytro is far from stock. 2 Wheel kit in back,No outside wheels on rails only inside ones so it will roll better, no sway bar and fox floats set to my liking. Timbersled skid and ice age raise set up for boon docking not hill climbing. CR Tunnel lets you sidehill better than the stock POS Tunnel. And better skis than the stockers for better sidehilling. Set up like it is I find it Sidehills better than my 09 XP but very similar handling. Compared to a stock Nytro it is not even like riding the same type of sled. But your question was about turboed Nytros not stockers so Im assuming you wouldn't mind a decked out sled.

I've been looking at turbo nytros for absolutely no reason but it has intrigued me none the less. I've heard so many different handling stories. I've driven a 2010 240 mcx nytro just around my house and it seemed heavy but very well planted, i didn't feel like I was getting bounced around like my xp when I cut ditches at angles. Compared to say an xp how does it side hill and stuff?

Smoke Show

Reaction score
The sled I'm looking at has an alpine turbo, bp tunnel and a few more things so yeah that's the info I need. I plan to keep my xp

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are a blast to boondock with. And honestly when you get back on your XP you won't beleive how underpowered it feels. But for spring or hard snow you will love have'ing the XP to zip around on.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know none of the doo guys won't like this but I've heard that nytro s feel like xp's but I haven't rode a doo so really but I cant say. I can hold a side hill and do the fancy tricks on the hill(not perfect by any means but I get it done) but I love it and im under 150 pounds but definitely give one a fair test ride before dropping a good amount of money on one.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nytro feels nothing like an xp, after riding a Nytro and getting on a xp the xp feels like a child's toy, so low down and tipy compared to the Nytro lol I actually liked the handling of my Nytro, I didn't find it that much harder to throw over than my old xp, and with the alpine turbo whenever you were on the throttle the sled felt very light, but that is until you get buried where no one can get to you lol. In the deep is where I found my Nytro really shined, super easy to maneuver and side hill but whenever there was less than a foot of fresh it wasn't a good time. Oh ya it was like a Cadillac on the trails too

Sent from a iPhone

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the reason people say the Nytro feels like an XP because its is the closest riding style. The Polaris and Cat feel similar and you ride them kinda the same. Same goes for the XP and Nytro Similar body positioning. Weight aside I use the same Manoeuvres on my XP and My Nytro. Hop on my Pro and it takes a while to get used to. Neither are better or worse just different. I don't own a cat but ride with lots of guys with them and they are closer in style to the Pro.

Smoke Show

Reaction score
To be brutally honest I hated the feel of my xp at first but after a few mods it was good. I've risen the pro, dragon more and I rode a 1000 cat. The cat needed a riser or bars badly but it felt great on its side and would hold it there so easy. He dragon was easy to throw around no matter what the snow where my xp needed like a foot of snow before it felt easy. I wish I could go to the mountains for the day first to try it out but he deal is south and I gotta make up my mind. Some guys say its easy, others say hard. This thread has helped me a lot with a much better idea.... I think... Haha. Oh yeah I weight like 220 with no gear on or anything so that should help

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Did you guys really think I was going to leave this thread alone?

The handling of a Nytro is 50% based on what you do with your front suspension and 50% what you do with your rear suspension. My Nytro has a Skinz 4 1/2 in forward kit on the front with the fox evolR shocks on it and a K-Mod suspension with the OFT racing 2 wheel kit and raptor shocks in the back.

The handling of my Nytro is like a dream come true. Before we made these changes I was ready to sell it. It was heavy, didn't do what I wanted, I was tired of fighting with it day after day. We made some pretty drastic changes to it and I couldn't be happier.

It's also the little things like the t-top steering post so the steering is more vertical, the freeride handle bars that are narrower than stock. Another big change was the camoplast extreme challenger track that was slipped under it.

My Nytro can hang with anything out there, the thing that holds it back is me!! The better I get at riding my sled the more my sled can dance!!

Jan

441.jpg

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am riding a 2005 king cat, I had a 2009 assault how would the Nytro handle compared to these.

rob derkach

Reaction score
The stock front suspensions don't have enough positive caster. This will cause bump steer. Then to top it all off we push the steering post forward. Talk to a someone who dose wheel alignments ask him what happens when you have negative caster.

Smoke Show

Reaction score
I used to do alignments all the time. I understand where you are coming from. Well I bought that nytro, I pick it up Monday. Ill try it out and if I don't like the feel of the front end ill do the skinz upgrade.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
To change to handling of the Nytro's it is all about weight transfer. The further ahead you can get that front end the better the weight transfer. The better the weight transfer the more readily it will accept your rider input.

The Skinz kit is a true 4.5 inch forward kit that has addressed both the castor angle, how far your spindle sits from the 90 degree to the side which will actually pull the ski back they have adjusted this angle from 18 degrees to 22 degrees. The camber angle which looking at your spindle from the front is the amount it is pulling in or out this has been adjusted to about negative 1 degree this will affect the way your ski travels over the varying terrain.

All of these components factor into how much your front end kit is actually sitting forward. You can't just put a front end kit in without doing all the math and fine tuning all these variables to give you the rider the maximum benefit to the handling of the sled. A tremendous amount of testing and tuning has gone into the Skinz kit to get it just right. The quality that has gone into these kits is second to none.

Jan

Smoke Show

Reaction score
We hired Chris Brown to take us out last winter and he swore on the front end kit but then again he is also sponsored by them I believe. I do say it looked sharp. Haha

Top Bottom