nytro clutching and handling

carver1

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas. My '08 Nytro does not backshift on hills, pulls down to 7900rpm. I tried lots of different things on driven, all we got was a hot belt. Also, handling, feels very planted, not easy to flip around boondocking. Thoughts?

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and thats why i got rid of my turbo nytro handles like a d 6 cat after i put them 10 inch simmon skis on it didnt plow as bad give that a try of buy a m series cat haaaa that will fix the handling :d:d:d:d

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas. My '08 Nytro does not backshift on hills, pulls down to 7900rpm. I tried lots of different things on driven, all we got was a hot belt. Also, handling, feels very planted, not easy to flip around boondocking. Thoughts?
Hey Carver, give Trevor or Steve a call at Slave Lk Yamaha. They know the Yami's. :beer:

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should check out the shockwave adjustable helix
right around four hundred bucks.
give tt power sports in bonnyville a call
we've got em there and t. the owner runs one on his apex.
780 826 6121

just my $0.02

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your clutch is getting hot and pulling down the r's that much you could have too much primary weight, or more likely too much helix or too tall gearing. I run lots of Shockwaves but you may still not be able to get it low enough if it is a stock motor. Lot's of variables, was it like that when you bought it? Didn't your dealer help set it up ? As far as the handling I like my post a little further forward and you may have to adjust your front and rear suspension. U can make a Cat (or any other brand) handle like a turd real quick too:d

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your clutch is getting hot and pulling down the r's that much you could have too much primary weight, or more likely too much helix or too tall gearing. I run lots of Shockwaves but you may still not be able to get it low enough if it is a stock motor. Lot's of variables, was it like that when you bought it? Didn't your dealer help set it up ? As far as the handling I like my post a little further forward and you may have to adjust your front and rear suspension. U can make a Cat (or any other brand) handle like a turd real quick too:d

LMAO:d

RN

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca

Hey Carver,

I agree with the boys on the adjustable helix. Do you have stock exhaust? Mine woke up lots with after market exhaust. I did port and polish mine and added an air box mod that helped out as well. The handling issue: check something as simple as your ski set up. There are three positions where they mount to the spindle, move them to the inside setting and it will fall over easier. This will make it dart on the trails a little more but you will lay it over easier. Sway bar could be removed as well to make it a little less planted.

Once you do get it set up right it will be a great boondocker.

Cheers,:beer:

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty tough to diagnose what is wrong without knowing what you got in there, post what weights how many rivets, rollers, primary spring, secondary spring and helix. Then we can tell you exactly what is wrong. The shockwave is not necessary the answer it really is the cheating why of doing it. In reality you do not want to adjust your RPM's by using your secondary.

carver1

Reaction score
[/COLOR]

LMAO:d

RN
ok thanks . it was set up for high alt by my dealer and they ether not sure what or don't care(not going turbo), so kind of on my own. i'm thinkin wrong prime wieghts too. clutchs run cool till we tighten up the driven, so not sold on adjustable helix. i've pulled of the sway bar and changed things a bit, getting a little better or i'm getting use to it.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had the shock wave clutch on mine that clutch is awesome and very tuneable phone darren at e&s he was very helpfull for me :d

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok thanks . it was set up for high alt by my dealer and they ether not sure what or don't care(not going turbo), so kind of on my own. i'm thinkin wrong prime wieghts too. clutchs run cool till we tighten up the driven, so not sold on adjustable helix. i've pulled of the sway bar and changed things a bit, getting a little better or i'm getting use to it.

Are you tightening the helix or the spring tension?

nytro24

Reaction score
how many miles on this sled? takes at least 1000km to break engine in so you will be kinda chasing your tail trying to clutch this sled in that 1st 1000 km. As far as handling, so many different set ups, kinda rider preference. Try a rider forward kit, dramatic improvement on this sled.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i find my 08 handles great. i got my suspension set up as tight as she'll go all the way around, the ski spindles are centered. one thing i know i am deffinatley gonna invest in is a taller set of riser blocks with full sweep of adjustability. thats one thing you can try give you a higher centre of gravity to pull on. but also depends on your size to. im a big guy 6'4 270 so i can make the nytro dance pretty good. if your a skiny little bastard it could be a little bit of a struggle to get your sled tunned in just right.

carver1

Reaction score
how many miles on this sled? takes at least 1000km to break engine in so you will be kinda chasing your tail trying to clutch this sled in that 1st 1000 km. As far as handling, so many different set ups, kinda rider preference. Try a rider forward kit, dramatic improvement on this sled.
little better than 2500 miles on it now, whats this rider forward kit and who has them? thanks

Top Bottom