Nytro Bigger gas tank?

mac013

Reaction score
Here is a picture I got from SW of the Trailtech aftermarket Nytro tank. I wasn't too crazy about the white plastic that looks unfinished by the tank on both sides but I will be painting my hood and that piece black so It wont be as noticeable.

I'm looking at getting the same tank. I'm not to fussy on the unfinished portion of the plastic on either side near the gas cap. Does anyone know if that plastic piece flops around or is it fastened tight against the tank.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The plastic piece is bolted on using two bolts supplied, as well as your gas cap and seat hold it snug. I put a yamaha tank bag on mine with the clear top for a map. Centerfold Jessie Jane rides there and admires me all day, as well as great for storage and hides the unfinished look. The bolts are a pain but I ditched the washers and hot glued the bushing on so they don't get lost. Only have to pack one can for the day now! Great investment to bad Yamaha are to pathetic to build a 40l tank from factory
Cheers

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree trailtanks screw are a pain so here is what I did.
I bolted on a hood strap button to the tank. Then I drilled the hood out to slip over the button. Then used a factory Yamaha hood strap to hol the hood from poping out. You can also use a windshield rubber to hold the hood from coming off the button.Either way works fine as we did one each way. Only problem with windshield rubbers is you can drop them and lose them. My lower side panels that also bolt to the tank I leave loose as my tank bag strap holds them tight against tank. (sorry no pics) but you can do the same as the hood. By the way I still have three Clear trailtanks in G.P. for $300.00 each if anyone is interested. They are updated for MCX turbo with the cutout for the intercooler tube.

Top Bottom