Now what is a guy supposed to do?

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to do something...Im Sure most wife’s are the same but this honeydew list is outa control.
need some new away from home hobbies.
Might have to take up drinking again and perhaps try this trudope pot stuff, become a proud Canadian burnout lol.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need to do something...Im Sure most wife’s are the same but this honeydew list is outa control.
need some new away from home hobbies.
Might have to take up drinking again and perhaps try this trudope pot stuff, become a proud Canadian burnout lol.

Im spending the days tinkering on my equipment, doing anything I can that doesnt include much expense. Its better than going stir crazy.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
17 days without checking on this S&M forum, but thought I should check in and see what is up. Looks like things have gotten worse...LOL.

Was out at Koocanusa this afternoon enjoying the sun and sand with a few friends, all the while keeping a safe distance. Started a driftwood fire on the beach just before the sun went down so we could cook our smokies....a couple of guys walked by muttering under their breath something about a fire ban....blah blah blah. Got home and checked...no campfire ban...some people.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Bans.asp

Going sledding this weekend.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
17 days without checking on this S&M forum, but thought I should check in and see what is up. Looks like things have gotten worse...LOL.

Was out at Koocanusa this afternoon enjoying the sun and sand with a few friends, all the while keeping a safe distance. Started a driftwood fire on the beach just before the sun went down so we could cook our smokies....a couple of guys walked by muttering under their breath something about a fire ban....blah blah blah. Got home and checked...no campfire ban...some people.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprScripts/WildfireNews/Bans.asp

Going sledding this weekend.
https://lethbridgenewsnow.com/2020/...torized-recreation-throughout-koocanusa-area/

I was out there last week on the atv. Unloaded at the end of the Newgate road and got swarmed by the CO’s. They were making sure we weren’t heading towards the lake as everything pretty much from the Newgate road to the jaffray road is closed to motorized vehicles and overnight use. We weren’t going that way so all was well.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://lethbridgenewsnow.com/2020/...torized-recreation-throughout-koocanusa-area/

I was out there last week on the atv. Unloaded at the end of the Newgate road and got swarmed by the CO’s. They were making sure we weren’t heading towards the lake as everything pretty much from the Newgate road to the jaffray road is closed to motorized vehicles and overnight use. We weren’t going that way so all was well.

Interesting that they have closed the area to motorized vehicles for "covid19" and not under the guise of "fire ban" ? Anyway is this area all Provincial Park? If for "covid19" I wonder why this area would be closed and not others??

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that areas are closed for ATV's or ORV's but a guy can drive a licensed road approved vehicle (Tracker, various forms of 4x4's, Jeeps, etc..) on the roads or in the same areas that they have banned the ATV's, ORV's, etc..

Or my KTM EXC 500. Nice to have a legal loop-hole.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that they have closed the area to motorized vehicles for "covid19" and not under the guise of "fire ban" ? Anyway is this area all Provincial Park? If for "covid19" I wonder why this area would be closed and not others??

This area has a legislated management plan, so they have the ability to control access. Not as easy to do on other unmanaged crown land. Also the most intensively used area in the trench.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended the sledding season a month early, stopped sledding 4 weeks ago because of poor snow conditions at first and then Covid-19 popped its ugly head out.
So in the mean time I finished my new stair case started a while back LOL.
Put insurance on the adventure bike last week and manage to get a quick ride in last Monday. Man that felt nice, roads are so quiet.
This year with Covid I changed things up a little, cancelled my holiday's.
Will be building a new walk in shower and finishing my home reno todo list for 2020 early atleast a month early. Hoping this way I will get more time on 2wheels and fishing once the boat is out of storage and certain restrictions are lifted like access to the lake via boat launch. Also need to replace the track on the Winder, its lost a few lugs and big job as it needs to be cut down from 16" to 15" before install. Shet job really, not looking forward to it.
Hoping for a quiet fire and smoke season and its going to be a great summer.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended the sledding season a month early, stopped sledding 4 weeks ago because of poor snow conditions at first and then Covid-19 popped its ugly head out.
So in the mean time I finished my new stair case started a while back LOL.
Put insurance on the adventure bike last week and manage to get a quick ride in last Monday. Man that felt nice, roads are so quiet.
This year with Covid I changed things up a little, cancelled my holiday's.
Will be building a new walk in shower and finishing my home reno todo list for 2020 early atleast a month early. Hoping this way I will get more time on 2wheels and fishing once the boat is out of storage and certain restrictions are lifted like access to the lake via boat launch. Also need to replace the track on the Winder, its lost a few lugs and big job as it needs to be cut down from 16" to 15" before install. Shet job really, not looking forward to it.
Hoping for a quiet fire and smoke season and its going to be a great summer.
I’ll cut your track for you if you get it to lacombe.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
putting long travel suspension on my truck, I want to race Baja one day, but just going to practice on the beat down back roads of Alberta for now.

plus do some boating once the lake thaws out.

Top Bottom