Now what is a guy supposed to do?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camping, Biking, Boating, Sledding

Many use these activities to escape the weekly grind and now that all these freedoms are being pulled away, what is a guy to do?

I guess you can still go fishing or hiking if you don't try and park in a recreation area or on the road??

I'm sure they will find a way to put a stop to these too?

I am sure glad I am not one of the poor souls who bought a new travel trailer at the RV show.

Let's throw out some ideas of activities that we all think will still be allowed. I hear golfers are petitioning to get the okay to open courses.

Okay there will be "that guy" who is going to answer "stay home!" , we don't want to hear from you in this thread thanks because there are guys that if they stay home they will go nuts and self medicate or worse.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tenor.png

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya.Me and the boy hit the river valley mountain biking normally on sundays,this year if we can't get out dirt biking anywhere we'll be riding saturday as well.We are lucky for the bicycle paths edmonton has(if they don't shut them down).It looks like 14 degrees sunday good day for a ride.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a pile of firewood I need to split, a welding table to finish, lots of finishing to do on my boat.

I'm also keeping an eye out for a small metal lathe and maybe even a mill for some hobby projects I'd like to do.

But otherwise I'm in the same boat as you, all the fun stuff I like to do is off limits. We take the dog for walks, go for drives into the country, but it's not the same.

Drove by the boat launch yesterday and it's open, of course the river still has 3 ft of ice on it though.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harley is ready to go. Once weather gets up just a bit more...i'm gone, social distancing at it's best.

Wish i would have waited to buy a trailer. deals are great on kijij right now...

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gopher season is starting up. Will be heading east to Castor country soon. If we can’t camp west we will head east to the badlands. Beautiful country that way too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think private campgrounds will be open. They will practise "social distancing" as best they can. Every second spot would remaining closed in the campgrounds that would normally pack them in like sardines. Businesses are only going to follow the rules for so long and then there will be chaos.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a pile of firewood I need to split, a welding table to finish, lots of finishing to do on my boat.

I'm also keeping an eye out for a small metal lathe and maybe even a mill for some hobby projects I'd like to do.

But otherwise I'm in the same boat as you, all the fun stuff I like to do is off limits. We take the dog for walks, go for drives into the country, but it's not the same.

Drove by the boat launch yesterday and it's open, of course the river still has 3 ft of ice on it though.

I got out boating last week but not sure how long the launch will be open.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think private campgrounds will be open. They will practise "social distancing" as best they can. Every second spot would remaining closed in the campgrounds that would normally pack them in like sardines. Businesses are only going to follow the rules for so long and then there will be chaos.

yes they are open. Random camping is not banned. Just no ohv, No fire, except propane fire pit.
Must be self contained and no visitors

Top Bottom