Now what could this be??

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like how you incorporated the stock piece. Is there not room for more of a sidewinder manifold instead of so much length?

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I like how you incorporated the stock piece. Is there not room for more of a sidewinder manifold instead of so much length?
There is actually a formula for equal length and a minimum length before cylinders join in a collector. This configuration is almost identical to the new Viper exhaust. It is not as long as it looks. The larger pipe is 2 inch OD, and the widest point of this header is about 12 inches.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never really understood why it was like that. I think the theory was to keep the center to center consistent on the clutches, but it looked to me lime it might be hard on chains.
We had to build motor mounts anyway so it has all changed. Ours is quite solid.

The plan is to have this sled at Yamafest wearing Yammie colors and running our new low boost 200 hp kit.
With that size of turbo must be on the low side at 200 hp looks larger than my 3076 nice project and the next snow beast.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

NM

Reaction score
With that size of turbo must be on the low side at 200 hp looks larger than my 3076 nice project and the next snow beast.
The turbo is 2863GTX Garrett, so not too big. We will probably end up using a 2860RS or a 2860GTX in the production kit.

We will build a production version kit on a 2014 Viper with a high output kit and a 174.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is actually a formula for equal length and a minimum length before cylinders join in a collector. This configuration is almost identical to the new Viper exhaust. It is not as long as it looks. The larger pipe is 2 inch OD, and the widest point of this header is about 12 inches.

I wasn't meaning the distance to collector I meant the big "sink trap" after that. No idea how restrictive the chassis is but this is what I meant.

Still retains the distance to the collector but you would need to get a bit creative to make it equal length.
honda-acura-k-series-t3-prostreet-turbo-manifold-0__88563.jpg

Attachments

• honda-acura-k-series-t3-prostreet-turbo-manifold-0__88563.jpg
    honda-acura-k-series-t3-prostreet-turbo-manifold-0__88563.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 268

NM

Reaction score
I wasn't meaning the distance to collector I meant the big "sink trap" after that. No idea how restrictive the chassis is but this is what I meant.

Still retains the distance to the collector but you would need to get a bit creative to make it equal length. http://www.theboostlab.com/store/pr...ries-t3-prostreet-turbo-manifold-0__88563.jpg
That does look pretty nice, and a version of that would probably work for a one off, but we wanted to keep it as close as possible to what the actual Viper will be.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The turbo is 2863GTX Garrett, so not too big. We will probably end up using a 2860RS or a 2860GTX in the production kit.

We will build a production version kit on a 2014 Viper with a high output kit and a 174.
Gonna be sweet coming from your shop.

• Thanks
Reactions: NM

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That does look pretty nice, and a version of that would probably work for a one off, but we wanted to keep it as close as possible to what the actual Viper will be.

Right I was thinking it would have rear exhaust but I follow you now!

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are building what the 2014 product release should have contained.

I truly believe that there is a very strong market for a 200-ish HP Yamaha Nytro, and that the factory really missed the boat on it. I know I would have bought one.....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I truly believe that there is a very strong market for a 200-ish HP Yamaha Nytro, and that the factory really missed the boat on it. I know I would have bought one.....

190-210 HP at elevation and the Nytro/Viper would be unbeatable. 5 yrs and we would all own one. Great job NM, hope both Cat and Yamaha take notice of what you are doing........HINT HINT - ARE YOU LISTENING AC AND YAMMY??

NM

Reaction score

I agree, and that is why our kit will be a lower boost, affordable kit that bolts on in a few hrs and requires little to no tuning.
We have been testing a new altitude compensating fuel box on 2 Nytros and so far has been working awesome. The next step is to have the boost level compensate for altitude, similar to what mcx does.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=469108686478417
Not sure if it will work like the one in the vid above, but a low boost kit with a good skid and track will work pretty good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom