November Conditions

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Went up to +13 in town on Saturday and it's already at +12 this morning. That's not good for the trails going up to the cabins. I really hate to say this guys, but it's supposed to be mild all week. Will post again the minute I see some snow coming down.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW not looking as good as last year. Oh well lets hope for snow at christmas my room is booked already at the north country! LOL

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
I'm glad that I checked this post otherwise I wouldn't have heard how the weekend was :mad:

I guess the cell phones still don't work out there, eh? How did all of the new iron work? You guys either don't look very happy or are hung over... you know my guess! Wish that there was more snow for you guys but if there was a ton, I would be jealous!

Can't wait for my ride over new years! Keep those trailing arms intact!!!

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm glad that I checked this post otherwise I wouldn't have heard how the weekend was :mad:

I guess the cell phones still don't work out there, eh? How did all of the new iron work? You guys either don't look very happy or are hung over... you know my guess! Wish that there was more snow for you guys but if there was a ton, I would be jealous!

Can't wait for my ride over new years! Keep those trailing arms intact!!!

Actually we were mourning the weekend without you, ah hell to tell the truth we drank way to much the night before, and the sleds ran good. Went up allen creek today and actually had more snow so got to run the sleds to see how they work and few minor NOS issues but otherwise ok. I kept forgetting to turn the bottle on. OH by the way Kari says hi.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here Feskew here's some of allen creek today we drove up to 2 km it was sheer mud. The dodge got stuck so we had to unload and we rode up to 7km before we hit any amount of snow, at the cabin there was about 18'', at hillclimb hill there was about 2 and half feet. Oh and Kari says hi. allen 09 08 001.jpg

allen 09 08 003.jpg

allen 09 08 004.jpg

allen 09 08 002.jpg

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First one is at the bottom of the hillclimb, the second is down in the valley below the cabin and the last two are at the bottom of the hillclimb. Not bad up top for an early season ride the ride up the trail though was something else. It was trace amounts to approx 6.5 km. When we got to the cabin we were 8 degrees when we left it was -1 and snowing.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up Lucille this afternoon, drove up 5.5 kms to unload, in about 3-4 inches of snow. Got to the cabin was snowing lightly, dug down in several spots to see how deep, was only 1 - 1 1/2 feet of snow with about 4" of that being fresh powder from this mornings little storm. Rode the granny trail back to the lake as the hills are still landmine zones. Had stopped snowing by the time I came down. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• lucille10nov08 005.jpg
    lucille10nov08 005.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 55
  • lucille10nov08 006.jpg
    lucille10nov08 006.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 51
  • lucille10nov08 007.jpg
    lucille10nov08 007.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 53
  • lucille10nov08 008.jpg
    lucille10nov08 008.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 53
  • lucille10nov08 009.jpg
    lucille10nov08 009.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 54

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good report Dave! We just dropped the groomer off last weekend and drove up Bell to have a look see. Hotrod mentioned to me that at this time last year the lower part of the trail had about 7" of snow covering it, on our visit we seen 2-3" up to 7km. Higgins.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how are these conditions compared to last year at this time?
This time last year there was about 4 feet at the cabins, we unloaded at the staging area at lucelle, and unloaded just after the bridge the next day at renshaw.

This was taken on nov 10 07 we are sitting on the hill to the right of the renshaw cabin. It doesn't look like much but there was a real good base. Na more than enough to get stuck in pulling hills.

Attachments

• 100_0649.jpg
    100_0649.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 68

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Yes, last year at this time there was LOTS more snow. It's been raining in town for the past two days and that means more snow on the mountaintops, which is good. Problem is, that the trails up are really crappy. Needs to get colder so the snowline will come down. Supposed to start snowing and get colder about Wednesday. The weather forecasts for this valley are rarely correct, but lets hope that this is one time that they got it right.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I had read a post, that the gate is now closed on the renshaw trail till freeze up, I've looked for it but can't seen to find it, so what I'm asking Is this true?

Top Bottom