November 2009 conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride from the parking lots at Bell and Lucille. We rode from km 8 on Sunday at Renshaw but no parking for more than a couple of trucks so park at the parking lot, there is enough snow on the trail to ride it from the lot. Probe in the Blackwater and there was 5 feet of snow but fresh pow was 3 feet so you can still hit the land mines.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Did you hit any landmines with your group?

Ride from the parking lots at Bell and Lucille. We rode from km 8 on Sunday at Renshaw but no parking for more than a couple of trucks so park at the parking lot, there is enough snow on the trail to ride it from the lot. Probe in the Blackwater and there was 5 feet of snow but fresh pow was 3 feet so you can still hit the land mines.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No we did not, stayed away from the hillclimb stuff. lots of good pow in the valleys and trees.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
New early season game "Tree pinball". Shifty 423 you may have the next olympic sport. " Rock touch" not a good game to play. Be carefull guys you have all season to ride yet dont ruin your season

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Lucille today and thinking it would not be a pic's day didn't take camera. mistake for sure. Big M, Shifty and I rode 2.5-3 feet of fresh pow all afternoon. no landmines were harmed in our outing, for those of you that know the area the hill behind the cabin could not be poked to the top in one run, took several attempts to get up. Off to Bell tomorrow. Rode from the parking lot and trail was in good shape due to all the new snow. camera for sure tomorrow.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
up lucille again today for a quick rip with BBtoys and thebigm... tons of fresh snow Barry told me his worst stuck of the year is always his first and then proved it...hope mike puts up the video. Around 2 feet of heavy fresh on top and deeper in the trees... headed to Bell with Pa's new XP to make sure it is in working order and will take some pics!!!

Shifty

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:nopics: We need pics. BBToys strap that sucker to your jacket and use it

Thanks keep the updates coming. WITH PICS

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Bell today and the snow was GRRRRRREAT. 2-3 feet of new, no landmines at all today. broke trail today with lots of pow. Rod and Will joined us later in the day.
Pic 1--Big M and I on trail at about km 12
Pic 2 -snow and the boys
Pic 3--Little bell

Attachments

• nov.18 001.jpg
    nov.18 001.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 116
  • nov.18 003.jpg
    nov.18 003.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 104
  • nov.18 005.jpg
    nov.18 005.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 111
  • nov.18 004.jpg
    nov.18 004.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 103
  • nov.18 002.jpg
    nov.18 002.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 100

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the reason we have not made that all important phone call... and this will be the second time i hear .. make the call.... this one is gonna be down to the wire... thanx BB:beer:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road up to Bell was icy yesterday and not plowed. Unloaded at km3, they will be plowing tomorrow to 5 but it is snowing heavy now and if it continues could hard to get a 4 place to 5 km.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any idea on snow pack conditions? Stable...unstable... I know its early but with the recent avy in Revy, i'm just wondering if the same or similar conditions are occuring in mcbride. Thanks for any info.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturday we noticed abit of slab breakage of the fresh 10-12" on leeward slopes. Was very evident when we went over the staircase to the backside of Renshaw.Each time we came down over a drifted ridge there would be abit of sluffing around you. Other than that things were looking very good, nothing like it did at this time last year.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
going up Rensahw Friday and will have the camera. so far it doesn't look to be to bad as far as snow pack stability but will be more observant this time up. post tomorrow.

sunshine

Reaction score
Thanks Barry for all of your updated, look forward to the pictures Friday. Trying to book a trip in Dec... hope it works out here on my end at work, trying hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom