noticed a little bit of blue

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so picked up a raptor 660 on firday test rode it didnt see any blue smoke went outsaturday with my son nothing noticed then went to ride sunday and on the frist start up with the choke on it smoked for a mintue till i shut off the choke and was fine the rest of the day what would cause this? was told the top end and valves have been redone not long ago

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
IMO just ride it if it's not ticking, knocking, is idling well, running well. Don't worry about a little blue smoke.

Check your oil regularly and even if it is burning some, it's a quad, run her hard until u notice a difference in the way it running.

Others will disagree and tell you all the chit that may be wrong, valves, rings, ect.

My advice may not be the best or what you want to hear but i rebuilt my Honda once because it was blowing blue.... The next time I ran it for over a year after the blue smoke until it popped. Cost me the same to rebuild bother times. Save your $ untill you need the rebuild

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it seems to run great pulls hard keeps up to my buddys kx450f ,I have geared it a little higher for more bottom and took some of the top away if i put it back to stock it might have more then the bike not sure. anyway no funny sounds(knocking or ticking) no one seen any smoke when i was passing them yesterday so it was only on start up rings and valaves have been done onlly 20 hours on them so they should all be good. run it till it blows needs a oil change before it goes for a ride again checked tonight and its black .

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ride it. It will be fine my YFZ use to do the same with the choke ON, so does my Honda. Never had problem with them. just extra fuel burning till it warms up.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks guys figured it wasnt major as it still has power and pulls har. first real sport quad i have had and compared to bikes the power is hard to mange it some of the thight trails i normally took the bike on but i love how it can be lugged in second when riding with my kid, bike didnt always like that

Top Bottom