Mcx 270 burning oil when cold

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
Wanted to pick some brains here........I usually park my sled in my garage but I left it out one night. Around -16c and started and warmed up. Took it out for mellow ride to allow it to warm up really good and after about 5 mins of riding I look ack and my sled is bellowing smoke from the exhaust. I shut it off and let it sit for about 5 mins then started it and it seemed to be fine. Rode for another couple mins and it started smoking again. I noticed the oil lines to the catch can we're quite froze so I pulled the catch can off and to my surprise I found a 3/8" diameter ball of ice in the oil breather line.

Took a heat gun and heated all he lines up good and test rode it aain.....no oil. Does anyone know how his oil is getting into the system? Turbo? Valves? Valve cover over filling? Or something? What can I do to prevent this? I would like to avoid a roll over valve. 2008 Nytro . Thanks

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oil return freezes, pushes a bit of oil out turbo seal. Not a big deal if it only does it occasionally. Had it happen once.

Top Bottom