loosing spark.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 rmk 900 that will not start. I installed a short block engine this fall and didnt make it out of the parking lot. It started great on initial startup, the morning i loaded up, and at the hill. I let the eng warm up, and made my way out down the trail. The eng sputtered like it had a fouled plug. I stopped and pulled plug wires till it quit. I then changed that plug. It started, and off i went. I did notice then that the eng light was on. The eng sputttered again, like the plug fouled again. I again pulled plug wires and found the other plug wire made it quit. I changed that plug, now both had been changed. I again started it up, this time, it would barely pull itself. I lifted the back of the track up, gave it gas and tried to clear it out, thinking old gas and too much break in oil was the cause of fouled plugs and possible plugs injectors. The eng quit, has never started since. I brought it to a dealership where they have yet to get it going. They say they checked the stator, as it was new last spring, and they had installed it into the new short block. They tried changing the computer board behind fuel tank, and both coils. They say they have rechecked everything twice with no luck. They are at a loss and have told me it could possibly be a ground fault. I am going to pick it up as its been there for 5 weeks now. I need some guidance. Where should i start? Should i test every wire for any possible iasue, or should i check certain areas? Has anyone else ran into this issue? The dealer said there was fault codes that no one has ever seen before. But once cleared they havent returned. The sled ran amazing prior to a simple engine change out.

gus

Reaction score
I would go check snowest forms seems like a lot more 900 stuff on there

Top Bottom