nos 800 xp

mrcelo

Reaction score
anyone try boss noss kit on an 800 xp? info on boondocker kit would also be helpfull. thanx

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've put lots of Boondocker kits on and they work very well. The only thing is clutching since the rev limiter is close to peak rpm you have to make sure your rpm is low enough that you don't hit the limiter on nitrous.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello, Well I actually just finished installing a Boondocker kit on my sled last night, I have a 2008 800 Rev XP with a 154 track, The install was actually really simple, the only tricky part was tuning the regulator. I have not had a whole lot of time to test it but went for a bit of a rip across the field yesterday and was quite impressed. Taking it to the mountains this weekend so that should tell the real story. I will let you know how it performs

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Hello, Well I actually just finished installing a Boondocker kit on my sled last night, I have a 2008 800 Rev XP with a 154 track, The install was actually really simple, the only tricky part was tuning the regulator. I have not had a whole lot of time to test it but went for a bit of a rip across the field yesterday and was quite impressed. Taking it to the mountains this weekend so that should tell the real story. I will let you know how it performs

Do you also have a clutch kit in? Are you pretty comfortable with the tuning? Ran it rich enough then lean enough etc. Let me know how it works for you? We'll be in Clemina on Fri. maybe will run into you, we're brown duramax with a topper and a 4 place white(dirty) haulmark.:)

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you also have a clutch kit in? Are you pretty comfortable with the tuning? Ran it rich enough then lean enough etc. Let me know how it works for you? We'll be in Clemina on Fri. maybe will run into you, we're brown duramax with a topper and a 4 place white(dirty) haulmark.:)

Hey Sledder, well seeing as this is my first install Yeah I feel I am pretty comfortable with the tuning because the sled acted excatly the way the tunning instructions said it would, that being said, we will see if I still have a motor after the weekend. I also talked alot with specialty sleds while doing the install, I really quized on the clutch kit and they feel on a rev it should have clutching done to it with or without NOS, I have never had grief with my clutch and have been happy with the way they perform so I do not have a clutch kit, but depending on this weekend I may put one in. I will be driving a White Lifted Mega Cab Dually,and possibly pulling a white bubble trailer, so yeah if you see us come have a beer and shoot the bull

Tyler

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 800r xp and was thinkin of doing the same,what kinda dollers am I lookin at to install nos,my buddy has a filling station already that I can use to refill,its ethier that or $6500 to get a cinergy turbo installed,but I think nos is the way to go for my riding style,mostly boondockin and moderate climbs,any info would be appreiated,thanks Jim

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your looking 1600 installed

1000 for boondocker kit/boss noss kit. 1200can w/adjustable regulator

300-400 install

or find a used kit for 500 and install it urself

Doo Virgin

Reaction score
I got one on my 08 XP 154 and havent had a problem with it yet. No clutch kit, just added quick clickers. Works great!!!!Mind you Captain Jack Sparrow installed it!!!!Thanks Dan.

Top Bottom