No name brands??

Nadz

Reaction score
I was just wandering if anyone has bought those cheep quads, dune buggy's and so on. I see advertisements on kijiji and I'm thinking of trying one out. I'm just thinking that $1500 for a new toy is worth a shot. I'm also wondering about those dune buggy's that are selling at Princess Auto. Lookin for some feedback!!:confused::rolleyes:

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wandering if anyone has bought those cheep quads, dune buggy's and so on. I see advertisements on kijiji and I'm thinking of trying one out. I'm just thinking that $1500 for a new toy is worth a shot. I'm also wondering about those dune buggy's that are selling at Princess Auto. Lookin for some feedback!!:confused::rolleyes:

well with anything else princess auto sells they are allright for occasional use but if you were to drive it hard i would think it wouldnt stand up

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

PM catmando he has had good luck with his little 50...................

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you are purchasing one, make sure you can get parts for it. I dont know how many times we have had to send people away because we cant get parts for no name units. I have spent countless hours looking in the EBC brake chart book, looking for brakes for the little quads. Ripping open all my spark plug boxes to try and find one that matches "VJK352548". Can't find chains for them, not to mention sprockets. Batteries are a toughie - hard to find ones that fit, usually find ones that kind of fit. It can be a huge headache when you can't find the required parts, or even parts to frakenunit the thing together.
In my opinion, it would be better to find a dealer with a smoking deal on a non-current - that way you are sure you can get parts (and the right parts).

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

For a kid it's more than enough for an adult JUNK.....take your $1500 and buy a used name brand

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a kid it's more than enough for an adult JUNK.....take your $1500 and buy a used name brand

Yep, I agree. I sold hundreds of the Chinese quads (go ahead, insert azzhat comments here). The 50cc's are great for the kids to learn on, but once you get up into the 110cc and higher, you get an older kid with a little more thirst for throttle, and they just don't stand up. Although I don't sell them anymore, I still feel they are pretty good for a first bike. The resale isn't anywhere near as high as the domestic stuff, but neither is the initial payment. I also agree that you would be better off buying a used brand name. I have seen some of the prices of TT's non-current stuff, and you just can't go wrong with that. If you decide to support the Red Army, I still have tons of parts when you need them.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. we managed to blow up one of those giovanni dirtbikes the same day we assembled it, mind you..thats what we ordered it for.. sure didn't take much though! ;):rolleyes:

Top Bottom