No more Cat in Canada?...for awhile any how.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of crying on this thread how it was fixed. BRP is ruining the sport picking on Cat, it’s not fair, it’s not good for the sport yet no one complains when Brp loses a suit to a rival manufacturer in the same fashion. Starting to wonder if we have a bunch of closet Liberals in here. Lol. That is how the hypocritical left thinks. Cat guys need to hang their head, take their lumps and design their way out of it. If they can’t pay a 2.8 million dollar lawsuit then they probably shouldn’t be in the sport. Besides I thought Textron was one of the largest corps in the world? The janitor at Textron probably makes more than that. Lol

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of crying on this thread how it was fixed. BRP is ruining the sport picking on Cat, it’s not fair, it’s not good for the sport yet no one complains when Brp loses a suit to a rival manufacturer in the same fashion. Starting to wonder if we have a bunch of closet Liberals in here. Lol. That is how the hypocritical left thinks. Cat guys need to hang their head, take their lumps and design their way out of it. If they can’t pay a 2.8 million dollar lawsuit then they probably shouldn’t be in the sport. Besides I thought Textron was one of the largest corps in the world? The janitor at Textron probably makes more than that. Lol

wow...chill man...closet liberals...???lol....not sure where your getting your info but take off the BRP doogles for a second.

You're right, 3 million....will be no issue and the customer will likely not even be affected.

But as soon as there is a deal with SNC Lavelon, or any other quebec company....many members website blow up with accusations towards Quebec. Now, if you can, take off your doogles...just for a second or two.... and read this slowly...if you have to imagine the we are not talking about the holy grail (BRP) then do that for a second....lol

Do you not find this odd? A judge in the US finds no issues and throws out the lawsuit but a judge in Quebec, judges in favour of the Quebec company (a Quebec company with deep deep roots in their economy)...if this was SNC Lavelin....you'd be questioning the decision but it's BRP....you are not able to...no problem

But, you're right....2.8 million....meh...blip in the system...make changes...pay the piper and carry on.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow...chill man...closet liberals...???lol....not sure where your getting your info but take off the BRP doogles for a second.

You're right, 3 million....will be no issue and the customer will likely not even be affected.

But as soon as there is a deal with SNC Lavelon, or any other quebec company....many members website blow up with accusations towards Quebec. Now, if you can, take off your doogles...just for a second or two.... and read this slowly...if you have to imagine the we are not talking about the holy grail (BRP) then do that for a second....lol

Do you not find this odd? A judge in the US finds no issues and throws out the lawsuit but a judge in Quebec, judges in favour of the Quebec company (a Quebec company with deep deep roots in their economy)...if this was SNC Lavelin....you'd be questioning the decision but it's BRP....you are not able to...no problem

But, you're right....2.8 million....meh...blip in the system...make changes...pay the piper and carry on.
More just the I hate BRP won and they are ruining the sport yet no crying from the BRP faithful on here when they had to pay Cat 46 million. Cat lost. Life goes on bud.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you defend cat but they closed mom and pop shops to strike a deal with bass pro/cabelas...

The case is thown out in the US... Textron is a US supplier... no coincidence?

Same same but different?

intellectual property theft is for the weak. an idea is easily expanded on but hard to come up with initially. This property changed their whole design and they reap the benefits for decades... even a redesign is a joke, they wouldn't know where to start had it not been for the original tech theft....

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More just the I hate BRP won and they are ruining the sport yet no crying from the BRP faithful on here when they had to pay Cat 46 million. Cat lost. Life goes on bud.

yah...I can tell that you didn't remove the doogles....lol....there is no hate for BRP over this. My only point was that I find this odd that one judge had no issues but another judge (one from quebec) finds them guilty...if this doesn't raise your eyebrows and makes you think....that is quite fine. I am quite sure is this was SNC Lavelin, or other quebec based companies, ...you would question this...but its BRP....you can't.

Again....I am no where near upset....it doesn't affect me...and yes, life goes on ...all is good.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP - Quebec to the core
Arctic Cat - Thief River Falls MN, Midwest USA

Hmm I think I know where the closet liberals are.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is sad for sledders. As far as Cat quality. I’ve been 2 seasons on cats. Zero belts blows. My axys was 4-700 km a belt. My 850’s were more than a dozen belts per season. My highcountry is at 2400 miles of rat bagging ditch banging. Same belt. Same chain. Bogies are bent. Cross shafts bent. Anti stab worn out. Rail tips toast. Paint on spindles ground off from frozen grader banks. Skis R toast. Hand grips worn out. The 2.25 power claw is still in good shape which is rare due to beaver Pond spears. I’ve been splatting this sled hard for 2 years and it’s tough as hell.
Also as far as the engine goes. The Compression and cylinders are mint. Just needs some major maintenance from abuse.
my alpha has also been tested and 2 seasons later still rocks. It Lays down tracks a skidoo expert would drool over.
But all good things come to an end. My Skidoo turbo is being built as we speak. I hope it’s as good as my cats reliability.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is sad for sledders. As far as Cat quality. I’ve been 2 seasons on cats. Zero belts blows. My axys was 4-700 km a belt. My 850’s were more than a dozen belts per season. My highcountry is at 2400 miles of rat bagging ditch banging. Same belt. Same chain. Bogies are bent. Cross shafts bent. Anti stab worn out. Rail tips toast. Paint on spindles ground off from frozen grader banks. Skis R toast. Hand grips worn out. The 2.25 power claw is still in good shape which is rare due to beaver Pond spears. I’ve been splatting this sled hard for 2 years and it’s tough as hell.
Also as far as the engine goes. The Compression and cylinders are mint. Just needs some major maintenance from abuse.
my alpha has also been tested and 2 seasons later still rocks. It Lays down tracks a skidoo expert would drool over.
But all good things come to an end. My Skidoo turbo is being built as we speak. I hope it’s as good as my cats reliability.

Might want to edit your post if you’re planing on selling the High Country...LOL.

I love my Cats...tougher than anything else out there...IMO.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It isn't just the $3M. At the current moment, Cat is not allowed to sell any sleds in Canada with this current design. Another judge is going to award damages from all sleds sold between 2014 and current.

While I am sure that a deal will be struck, at the moment, there is no Cat in Canada.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

WHAT!? Doo paid Cat $46 mil........don't believe it!
Max would have been all over this claiming foul as Doo's superior engineering and design could never be lesser than Cat.
What did doo steal????

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Max would have been all over this claiming foul as Doo's superior engineering and design could never be lesser than Cat.
What did doo steal????

Think it might be from the -off throttle steering SeaDoo "copied" from Cat's PWC. Even though Cat had quit making any more PWC's when sued.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell has been orgasming for two days straight over this!

haha not really, as much as i like to poke fun. I like the alpha i think its a good machine that just needs some minor improvements and i NEVER want to see just one brand on the hill. Because then i would have nothing to do on here.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What did doo steal????
See post 96.

Top Bottom