Newbie to Sleddin' Newbie to McBride

pae

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My friends and I are coming up to McBride this weekend - they're all season veterans when it comes to sledding...me? Not so much. This will be my first ride on my first sled LOL So it'll be fun, and a big learning experience.

I'm wondering what the avalanche conditions are. I see 'high' rated on the avalanche.ca website but see that everyone still seems to be going out riding...any advice from the locals on where to go and maybe more importantly, where NOT to go? We were planning on going to Lucille for our first day and Renshaw our second...(or maybe I have that backwards..the guys keep changing their minds). I'll be looking for a relatively flatish area that I can practice carving, turning and just staying afloat...and the guys will jet off to do some highmarking or boondocking nearby.

Thanks! Maybe I'll see some of you out there...!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The days set out like you are talkin lucielle then renshaw would be good. Lucielle has alot of good terrain to learn on. Should be some wicked snow. Been snowin here for like 4 days now and it's supposed to stop sometime around next thursday.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Hey everyone,

My friends and I are coming up to McBride this weekend - they're all season veterans when it comes to sledding...me? Not so much. This will be my first ride on my first sled LOL So it'll be fun, and a big learning experience.

I'm wondering what the avalanche conditions are. I see 'high' rated on the avalanche.ca website but see that everyone still seems to be going out riding...any advice from the locals on where to go and maybe more importantly, where NOT to go? We were planning on going to Lucille for our first day and Renshaw our second...(or maybe I have that backwards..the guys keep changing their minds). I'll be looking for a relatively flatish area that I can practice carving, turning and just staying afloat...and the guys will jet off to do some highmarking or boondocking nearby.

Thanks! Maybe I'll see some of you out there...!

Belle would be a good place for your first day as well. Nice, easy ride up. Reports are that it has a bit more snow than Lucille. Not quite as rocky either. Our guys were up there yesterday and found 3 to 4 feet of fresh powder to play in all day. Been even more snow since.

Top Bottom