Newb as of 10 minutes ago.....

Reaction score
I came here looking for information on current conditions for Cataract Creek. I created an account and searched the forums and found someone else asking the same question. The only response was very obviously from some kind of self-righteous a$$wipe, who only responded to the guys question with a smartass "Do you need someone to hold you hand to find the conditions page?"

If that is typical then no need to reply, I won't bother coming back. If that was just some dude having a bad day... then yes please...... hold my hand and direct me to the conditions page.

Hello, to everyone else. I hope your winter has been better than mine. We've only managed to get in one trip, after having our sleds stolen from our driveway. It was great though, and I'm hoping to get another trip in before summer hits.

2.jpg

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Snow and Mud!

For the most part, the people on here are pretty good and that kind of response is not typical. A lot of people know each other on here and like to raz each other a bit.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Welcome to the best forum on the planet.

I responded to your post in that thread and I fully realize that Newbies/Starters need help. Most on here are helpful; just like the above posts. Sometimes one has to bite their tongue before posting............:D

Reaction score
I'm not too overly sensitive ..... I "live" in another IT related forum and can't say I've never gone off on someone. I just didn't think the other persons (or mine) question was a bad one. I could not find the "conditions page" immediately either. Thanks @ Everyone above.... I am hoping (based on some of your locations) to do some sledding in your areas. As it stands I used to sled as a kid in Ft McMurray and have only gotten back in to it 2 years ago, down near Calgary. *LOVE IT*.....

I'm open to any and all tips regarding places to go near Calgary. Snow seems to be a little lacking around here.

Our last trip was out to BearBerry cabins and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a get-away weekend.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Really?????? you must wait 60 seconds between reporting posts??????

It's like they figure people are going to abuse the function or something....

Hahahahaha...........same as sending messages! I'm sure some of the :rules: were set up for kids. Maybe some days people think we act like kids. Isn't acting like kids all in the fun factor?

Top Bottom