New to the rev club

skimmin

Reaction score
Hi all. Today is a good day for me. Just picked up a stock 2006 Summit Adrenaline 800 151". My last machine was a 2003 Mountain Cat 800 efi and I really liked it, but ever since the rev's have been out I've really wanted to give one a try. Cat power vs Rev power? I'm not really WOWED by this new machine, which is kind of a surprise to me, but i guess 800 vs 800... Still an 800. I think the rev is set up for altitude right now as well. I'm in Edmonton Alberta (I think about 2000ft) and just wondering where I should have my clutches at for setting. Right now the primary is set @ 4 and the secondary is @ 3. Also wondering if jetting is necessary or if the DPM should take care of that? Is it correct that unless removed all these machines have DPM? If someone could help me out with some links that are good for a rev noob or any suggestions for getting the most out of this machine in stock condition that would be a big help. I foresee a big learning curve coming up for myself. The efi on the cat was pull and go but not sure if it's the same with the rev. I'm gonna start going through the rev forums and see what I can pick up but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S can someone tell me what my rpm for clutch engagement and @ WOT should be?

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet welcome to the Good side haha,8200 rpm max but should engage at 4000ish..get your clutching dailed and they rip.clicker 3-4 is good.secondary #'s are for belt tension as your belt works in you dail secondary #'s up.Dpm takes care of mtn riding.put pipe/can on helps weight and little performance too.I've never done much other than pipe,can and floating clutch and she rips...and yeah if you roll and she's hot get ready to pull pull pull

skimmin

Reaction score
Thanks that should help. So these machines aren't the easiest to start when you roll them? Is the carb setup somewhat finickey? Can someone tell me what the proper sequence is for cold starting with the choke? My previous FI sled didn't have a choke.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope fuel evapourates,can load up,hold throttle wide open helps some times... I put choke on first start up all the time,starts in 3 pulls if really cold put coke on full.

skimmin

Reaction score
KK So if i was to roll will choking it help it start sooner or bad idea? Do you know how many rpm each number on the primary represents? And is it correct that once my primary is set up I can change my secondary to set up my clutch engagement rpm? higher number on the secondary means higher engagement?

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rpm increse by 200 each clicker.I've choked it but don't realy remeber it helping...justpull alot or let cool off for 5 min...
no.secondary shive just for belt as belt wears it gets narrower and that shive closes clutch and sits belt higher...u no just to have belt cogs(the top little U's)just on top of secondry clutch edge hope not comfusing.how many km on clutch spring's will make big difference in performance night and day..even in coming down hills in back shifting..

Last edited:

skimmin

Reaction score
Ok. So it might be a good idea to change out the springs maybe every 1500kms or so? From what I've heard I think the roller secondary is the way to go and in my plans along with a complete freshening up this spring.( gonna go through both the top and bottom end because the machine has 3700kms on it and i think its time). Is it a good idea to change the primary or just put in an aftermarket helix?

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do new ones every season.you should have roll secondary..all rev.
bottom ends good for 7-10,000km and do top end every yr,keeps from sled sleep overs in backcountry.thats if you put on lots km's 2500+.read up on DJ clutch kit. greatly improves mtn riding.look for drop the hammer on here.out of airdire

skimmin

Reaction score
Do you know where I can get a speedometer for my sled? Just wondering if I I get one is it plug and play or is there re-wiring of any sort involved?

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know where I can get a speedometer for my sled? Just wondering if I I get one is it plug and play or is there re-wiring of any sort involved?

no most speedo's just plug right in. If you have an 06 it will be a speedo tach combo. If you are moving above a certain speed it will register on your trip meter. It is a little hard to see but it is there non the less. I don't know what your geared at but for a 144 I would gear 20/27 or 19/45. The 06 was a great machine and you will love it.

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry I was mixed up. I guess you have a 151. Gear 19/47 if you are doing lot's of mountain riding also you could be safe to jet down to 380s as well but the machine does run very well with stock jetting.

skimmin

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the replies. I have noticed that my machine does to tend to run a bit to the rich side but I'd rather be a bit to rich than blown up lol.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you roll it, just hold the throttle wot and pull 5 times, She will clean out pretty quick. AS for starting with the choke. Full choke until it starts (mine is 3rd pull every time) then half choke for a minute or 2 and you should be good to go.

charty

Reaction score
i just an 06 as well this year pipe can boondocker nos gut all useless parts dj clutch kit and piss off xp`s all day long

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you roll it, just hold the throttle wot and pull 5 times, She will clean out pretty quick. AS for starting with the choke. Full choke until it starts (mine is 3rd pull every time) then half choke for a minute or 2 and you should be good to go.

full throttle after rolling, I can usually get mine to start first pull,, tops 3 pulls,, with a hot sled,, no choke

p.s. I roll a few times every ride,,,,:beer:

Top Bottom