New to the Doo!! XM 174

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Enzo set up on my 163 xm and its awesome. Rides a lot better than my freeride. It's softer than the freeride but yet ddoesnt bottom out on the rough trails. And Kuster is the guy who steered me that way also.

where can you or would be the best place to get the work done ?

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing you should do is vent the sled - Vent it to get the heat out and save belts --- before I vented the 2013 - blown belts-- after venting --- no blown belts ---easy fix T

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Stock sled.... Venting not required, although vents probably wouldn't hurt... Ckmp has all 2014's and most over 4000 Kim's and still original belts.... Maybe the xp's needed some venting, but the 2014 was a decent airflow design in stock form.... Jus sayin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one thing you should do is vent the sled - Vent it to get the heat out and save belts --- before I vented the 2013 - blown belts-- after venting --- no blown belts ---easy fix T

i havent heard anything about belts coming apart. are those belts off stock sleds?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belt sales at our dealership have plummeted since they came out with that new belt guard. I still am amazed how well it actually works.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belt sales at our dealership have plummeted since they came out with that new belt guard. I still am amazed how well it actually works.

Yup a lot of heat comes out of that footwell. No vents required my group has never had to replace a blown belt. One pulled a chord at 2200km but that's a reasonable belt life id say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a couple with over 8500 kms in our group Ric.
Hey, if you believe everything on the internet and on here a doo 800 engine is only good for 3500K.:rolleyes: so now the belts last longer than the engine. lol

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, if you believe everything on the internet and on here a doo 800 engine is only good for 3500K.:rolleyes: so now the belts last longer than the engine. lol
Yah and the 2 sleds with those kms are bagged every day 7 days a week to that mileage. Lol.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on how you ride. Most say they are good on gas but at full throttle its no different than any other sled on gas. The gas can and linq bag works good. I vented my clutch side and it made a world of difference on belt heat. Most say the belts last forever but I don't shut mine off till I'm back at the truck and I'm not seeing the same results. Powder screen and skid place is a must. And another must is lip balm cause when you ride with a perma grin it tends to give you dry lips.

Last edited:
Top Bottom