New to the Doo!! XM 174

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got peer pressured into snowchecking a Doo. Coming off a ProRMK for 3 seasons and M7 for 3 seasons, having never even been on a SkiDoo ever, my buddy decided to let me borrow his 13XM for a weekend to try to convince me to drink the Doolaid. Well it worked and i absolutelty loved it. Snowchecked the 174 T3. Just wondering what a guy needs to throw on these things, screen kits , clutching .. etc, any input or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motts quick clickers for clutch, Ski doo pre filter kit, skid plate, spare tether, linq stuff is nice too. Some doo the grip n rip braces but personally I think they can cause more damage than good in certain instances. Enjoy the new ride!

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only thing i would put on will be a tarp. im in the same boat as you, but im going to ride mine for a season first.:p

freeride73

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motts quick clickers for clutch, Ski doo pre filter kit, skid plate, spare tether, linq stuff is nice too. Some doo the grip n rip braces but personally I think they can cause more damage than good in certain instances. Enjoy the new ride!
There is a new tether on the 15's so I don't think you will need an extra tether.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're going to hate it you should just give it to me.

If you make the mistake to keep it the doo prefilter kit keeps the nose from filling itself full of snow, quick clickers are good if you ride elevations that vary greatly, skid plate keeps the front cooler from potentially getting ripped out, grip n rip braces help keep the modules straight in smaller hits but in a big hit can transmit more energy back into the bulkhead and tunnel (probably was going to be an insurance claim either way), clutching is good but the engine braking takes some practice, a spare tether is a good idea especially for trips far from home.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I always carry the spare tether in my backpack/avypack .....

I'm gonna do the linq jerry can, and a linq pack and handlebar bag, maybe skid plate, and cover, extra belt and plugs, maybe electric start......

Thought about the led lite bar, and maybe extra set of scratchers on the skiis and maybe the heavy duty rear bumper....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I always carry the spare tether in my backpack/avypack .....

I'm gonna do the linq jerry can, and a linq pack and handlebar bag, maybe skid plate, and cover, extra belt and plugs, maybe electric start......

Thought about the led lite bar, and maybe extra set of scratchers on the skiis and maybe the heavy duty rear bumper....

Holy crap batman..........you are going to dress that baby up, eh!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Skid plate is a must for the mountains and more so for early season (stumps and rocks that aren't covered yet), I doo my own pre-filter screens as the doo ones don't hold up to the tree punishment in the Kootenays, clutching I have never touched but I ride only 4300 and up, if you have buddies that you may pull out you will want the HD rear bumper (a bonus with that bumper is that it stiffens the tunnel if you are a jumper or wheelie preformer), and the LlinQ system (bag and gas can) are great although for two years I have never even put gas in the spare tank.

The spare tether is going to be interesting. I have always had a spare and we have all our sleds on the same "code". With the new RF Dess key that is held on with a strong clip and a magnet we may not need the spare.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you loose it in the trees, drop it in parking lot when loading at end of day, forget it in hotel room etc. All scenarios avoidable by having spare in backpack.

I lost my tether at the peaks last season, had to manually lift my sled into the back of my truck, after that we got all our sleds programmed to the same tether, with extra 2 in the tool box for connivence will never have that problem again!

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skid plate is a must for the mountains and more so for early season (stumps and rocks that aren't covered yet), I doo my own pre-filter screens as the doo ones don't hold up to the tree punishment in the Kootenays, clutching I have never touched but I ride only 4300 and up, if you have buddies that you may pull out you will want the HD rear bumper (a bonus with that bumper is that it stiffens the tunnel if you are a jumper or wheelie preformer), and the LlinQ system (bag and gas can) are great although for two years I have never even put gas in the spare tank.

The spare tether is going to be interesting. I have always had a spare and we have all our sleds on the same "code". With the new RF Dess key that is held on with a strong clip and a magnet we may not need the spare.

either way they are still electronic and subject to random failure like the old keys. our group is still going to program all of our machines the same with an extra key.

Top Bottom