New to site......from the East...Live in Red Deer area

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been on this site for a short time now, first time sledding in the mountains last season, spent most of my sledding in Labrador and NB before I came to AB.

Let it snow, let in snow, let it snow...........:d

M

mattmedic

Welcome, hope to see ya in the mountains some time soon!!!!!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the sight, if we get so snow around here this winter we'll go for a ride, we ride the Blindman river up to Bently when conditions allow.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey lab, did you guys ever get that trailer fixed out at hummingbird. If we get snow out there, the onion lake hummingbird area can be a good ride 8500', also a few other spots out there.
If you get a chance you should try Fernie, Golden, Revelstoke, Valemont areas, Not much riding before Dec, unless you like fixing stuff.

BLAINE.M

Reaction score
Hey lab, did you guys ever get that trailer fixed out at hummingbird. If we get snow out there, the onion lake hummingbird area can be a good ride 8500', also a few other spots out there.
If you get a chance you should try Fernie, Golden, Revelstoke, Valemont areas, Not much riding before Dec, unless you like fixing stuff.

We have rodee those areas at hummingbird a few times in the past, to ranger creek and onion lake. The last two years we could never get info on snow conditions. just wonderring if anyone else has had better luck. Also wonderring if anybody has rode the sugar bowl by nordegg.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hello there

Are you talking about my 2 place trailer?

Definately planning on heading out that way again this year.

Only been to Golden so far, went there twice last year, last year was my first year sledding in the mountains being fairly new to AB.

Oh one more thing? Who is this? :dunno: he he

Glen

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have rodee those areas at hummingbird a few times in the past, to ranger creek and onion lake. The last two years we could never get info on snow conditions. just wonderring if anyone else has had better luck. Also wonderring if anybody has rode the sugar bowl by nordegg.

Yes it is hard to get info on snow conditions out that way, my buddy lives on 752 just close to Prairie creek/Out west camp ground and he has a pretty good idea of the conditions out that way so I rely on him, we did a lot of riding out there last winter..............

If you are interested in a ride out that way this winter, let me know.............

Glen

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the sight, if we get so snow around here this winter we'll go for a ride, we ride the Blindman river up to Bently when conditions allow.

Yeah sounds like a plan.............My first ride last season was a test run on the blindman..............had to try out the new 144 track and temp guage................wasn't long and the temp was a little high dew to the low snow conditions........

Either way I will be on the blindman on a quad or sled........

cheers

Glen

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode with you, safari and your buddy, had a pair of buddies along, and had to leave early, you know hen pecked. Anyway there wasn't much snow when we went in to hummingbird and a lot less when we left. had a few laughs when you drove the trailer a few miles with the flat.

Must try again this year, maybe late December early January. Will be going to Golden/Revelstoke/Fernie this year maybe in Dec, or when work allows, give you a shout when we go.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hard to get info as generaly not alot of snow lately. When we get snow this area rocks. Sugar bowl is very good, steep and deep, but avalanche prone, also not enough snow the last few years.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode with you, safari and your buddy, had a pair of buddies along, and had to leave early, you know hen pecked. Anyway there wasn't much snow when we went in to hummingbird and a lot less when we left. had a few laughs when you drove the trailer a few miles with the flat.

Must try again this year, maybe late December early January. Will be going to Golden/Revelstoke/Fernie this year maybe in Dec, or when work allows, give you a shout when we go.

yes now I remember? Sausages cooking on the PIPES?

thanks................

Ya one of the tires was scraping the bottom of the trailer..........it was because of safari's TANK! :d poped one of the tires..............I just picked up a 3500lb axle with stronger springs and hubs.............just about to put it on...........

Looking forward to some riding in the mountains...........never been to fernie, revelstoke yet.

cheers

Glen

Top Bottom