New to me M7, and a motor mount problem

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just bought this M7 on tuesday. Looked it over, but i missed one thing when i looked it over. I rebuilt the motor with new pistons, and all new seals. Went to put the motor in tonight and found this.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

The front motor mount of the PTO motor plate is egged out. I'm thinking i'm going to get a new carriage bolt, then get my mig welder and fill in the egged section around the bolt since you can't weld steel to aluminum with fusion welding. OR do you think it would be better to just fill the hole and then drill a new one to hammer the new carriage in? Here's pictures of how it's suppose to look(off my firecat)

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another question is how was the motor able to move enough to do that? Isn't there two mounts on that side?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yes that's the motor plate side so there's two. I'm thinking that the nut wasn't torqued and the stud backed out and it just vibrated the hole open. Both mounts in the plate are good still.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a set of Simmons gen 1 ski's I'm assuming they would be better? I know my ski's on my snopro 440 and my 600 mod are awesome for floatation and steering.

Top Bottom