M7 Motor Mount Problem

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
I tried serching this topic but didn't have much luck. I am heading to Golden next week and was giving my sled a going over when I noticed my front pto side motor mount has come loose and in the process it chewed a decent size hole where the bolt sits in the frame. It looks like the hole in the frame should be square to keep the bolt from turning but I never had one out before so I'm not sure. So if it is supposed to be square how the heck should I go about fixing this? Anyone else run into this before? It would be difficult to weld up and have the hole in the correct position(and a hell of a big job!). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The mount is pressure fit in that plate.Hopefull the plate isn't messed up where it goes in. Is the mount rubber all cracked?If so get a new one pound it with a big socket. Put it in about as deep as my first picture.I can measure it if need be.You might wana put some 620 loctite around the mount and then pound it in.Will hold it in better.You can buy the plate with new mounts in it if you dont wana mess around with it.$$$$.As for the back i would just put a bolt in there with a little bit bigger washer and tighten it up.There looks be lots of room on the throttle body side for a bolt head to be sticking out.
IMAG00091.jpg

IMAG00101.jpg

Last edited:

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The rubber mount in the plate itself is fine its the hole in the bulkhead for the bolt that is chewed up (your 2nd pic). The bolt just spins in the hole since its been enlarged so I am going to take my throttle bodies out and try hold it with a pair of vice grips, then I'm gonna JB Weld that S.O.B in the bulkhead and prey to god it doesn't let go again. Also I just discovered the lower mount has the same problem lol. FML.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok i understand.I cant see you needing to JB weld it. i would just hold the other side with vise grip and tighten it up more(may need to add washer).It should tight up.If you cant hold it with vise grip i would just put a normal bolt in and tight it up . should be good to go.

Top Bottom