New to bikes - dirt bike questions

Old&Ugly

Reaction score
Hi, I am a newbie. :p

I am looking for the dirt bike clubs/tracks in Edmonton and area.

A bit of my background: I have never ridden a motorcycle before. I just bought my new dirt bike and once the spring is here, I would like to take some noob lessons for off-road riding. I am not looking to became an MX rider but I would like to learn the techniques just for fun.

I also looking to purchase all the safety gear and did my fair bit of research but would like to hear your opinions about particular brands and also the best place in Edmonton to shop for the gear. I am not going to shop over the Internet because I need to try everything on to make sure it fits properly, so, the gear store location will be appreciated.

Does anybody can point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

o&u

newtodirt

Reaction score
Hey O&U,

I can't help you, but I am pretty much in the same boat.

I did some dirt biking last summer, and plan on taking the motorcycle course this summer. Then....I am getting a dual sports bike.

If you want anyone to accompany you on this learning curve...I will volunteer!!

:d

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For best selection and variety I like Riverside Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki in St. Albert. But depending where you live you can also check out a few other locations like Alberta Cycle, Echo Cycle.. etc. I personally buy all my gear online, its cheaper and tons of selection, but it's good to go somewhere first and pick out your sizes, etc.

Good luck! I am sure you will love the sport!

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can really go wrong. Any brand you'll find at any dealership has quality gear. The idea of finding your size first is a good idea. As far as legit lessons for riding off road, in my opinion you can scrap that idea. There is no better way to learn then get out there and go riding. This site has more useful information than you'll ever want to read.

Time, tools & confidence is all you need.
Man can fly to the moon to just check it out.
You can figure out a dirtbike.

Keep fit & have fun.

Top Bottom