New to Alberta...

MoToJeWeL

Reaction score
Website
www.motojewel.com
Hey everyone...

I am in the process of moving from BC to Fort Mac. :eek: I must be nuts. I ride motocross and trails. Anyone up in the Fort Mac area?

I am leaving behind some of the best off-road areas, packing up my KTM 300 xcw and coming into I don't know what? Any insight into the local terrain would be great.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lived in Fort Mac years ago, and yes, in my honest opinion it is a dump.. talk to White6..she is from there and can probably tell you the decent riding areas up there and maybe even hook up with you at some point :)

P.S.. nice choice of ride:specool:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome! and LD is right.. I'm living up in fort mac.. i'm actually born and raised lol
Whatcha moving up here for? you'll be sad after leaving BC i can almost promise. Muskeg.. Sand.. Gravel Pits.. Track.. nothing real great.. just end up making trips to ride.. i got the ktm 450xc race quad :) and When you coming? lol

MoToJeWeL

Reaction score
Website
www.motojewel.com
welcome! and LD is right.. I'm living up in fort mac.. i'm actually born and raised lol
Whatcha moving up here for? you'll be sad after leaving BC i can almost promise. Muskeg.. Sand.. Gravel Pits.. Track.. nothing real great.. just end up making trips to ride.. i got the ktm 450xc race quad :) and When you coming? lol

I have lived and rode in BC all my life.. anyway, my other half is moving the construction biz to Fort Mac (he is a Red Deer baby) . That's why we are going. Our big project here has been delayed for several months so he has a contract up there. Gotta work to ride.

We will be up by April 15 but we won't be bringing the bikes up until later. We have to move the construction trailers first.

At least I will be closer to "XTINCTION". They are holding that event in Drumheller. If I can get enough seat time in this Spring I would love to race it.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ooo ok. thats cool : ) construction can always be dicey but like you said.. work to ride! live to play hehe sorry to hear about your delay out there though..

Alright nice.. i'll be in edmonton for 10weeks starting from that date but we could prob meet on a weekend that i'm home and then go riding when the bikes show up?

Whens xtinction? we have an alright track to practice rippin on.. and there's both local and cmhc races for practice if you got the time (assuming this is mx.. or is to xc??)

MoToJeWeL

Reaction score
Website
www.motojewel.com
Yeah, construction is one of those things.

Fort Mac will be ok. We travel to races a lot but that will probably get cut down due to the distance. It will have to be week long ride trips now too.

That sounds great White! I will have to make sure the bikes are up when you get back. I ride both motocross and trails.. it's been mostly trails for the past few years though. I will ride anywhere really... any day out is good.

XTINCTION is supposed to be Canada's version of Erzberg, some crazy enduro race. I will find the poster and I see if I can hook up a link.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea the travel sucks for racing.. my brother chased the cmrc circuit for quite a few years.. but riding sat n sun then tryin to drive back sun night after the races to work mon gets really hard.. and expensive none-the-less. but ya can hit up brule and places like that for extended trips!

Awesome! we got some trail up here, just the one track really, and then sand and dunes if you make a trip north of the city for a few days.. plus skegg.. ill hafta put some thought into where to ride, havent been out much up here in the last 2 years.. but your right ANY riding time is great

Ooo ok. that sounds awesome! be a cool event to see for sure

MoToJeWeL

Reaction score
Website
www.motojewel.com
No quad class unfortunately, the CEC does not have one either. I don't know what the class breakdown for bikes is either.. I am thinking it might be spectator only for me by the sounds of things.

Here is some info.

[media]http://www.directmotocross.com/sites/default/files/pictures/xtinction/XTINCTION%20POSTER.jpg[/media]

Top Bottom