New sled, what ta buy??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many KM on your current sled and how does its reliability stack up against your group. Decision should be easy in that sense. every brand has its ups and downs.
Mine has 8200 km, motor never been apart, and yes been nice to gas and go

Not sure any new one be like that

Runs top notch, was going to spend 5 g on it, short block, track, shocks

But then money wise, it makes more sense to sell it for 6000, keep the 5 g and put both to a new one

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go on a bunch of demo dayz on them all - I rode a 165 one day then a 175 the next day all in the trees at eagles and I would take the 175 all day over the 165
I was gong too this spring, ride a few more than just 20 min lol

But covid sure f Ed that up

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your sticking to NA You’d be surprised how well the 2020 expert works compared to the 19,18. I don’t know why but they just flat out work
Ya, have seen a few good low km ones forsale

Might swing that way

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is the smaller dealers can now draw from a list of sleds that Polaris is going to make or have made. the dealer told me that smaller dealers were not allowed to pull from this list in the past. I just happy I have a new one coming in
when you say ordered do you mean the dealer is looking to transfer one from somewhere else? or are they thinking someone may back out of a snowcheck.
sled orders only happen once a year in the spring along with snowcheck.

smc

Reaction score
Do not by a 800 Polaris. Sure they are reliable but feel very underpowered compared to the poo 850, even more so to the skidoo. No sled is perfect but they are all fun to ride.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want an objective answer.....if you are riding in the mountains there is only one actual mountain sled that has ever been made.....and that is the skidoo summit. You. Can tell by the name alone that they have class leading horsepower, superior ergonomics, and support an overall feeling of positive well being. There are a few other snowmobile manufacturers, but really only one that focuses on deep powder mountain performance.

Sorry for the long winded answer. The short version is if you want your life to be good, buy a skidoo

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pm me dude

Ya, been waiting for rory to get back to me on price, he's waiting to see what cat does for deals
From what I have been told, by a cat dealer textron told their dealers they are not allowed to advertise or sell sleds they have in stock... Until they get this lawsuit figured out.

Last edited:

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a cat and a few doo's in the past, even had a turbo xm, I picked up a sidewinder this last season and have to say its the most fun sled I have ridden to date. Its not for everybody but if your a decent rider and love power I would at least try one, night and day compared to my old nytro.

Andrew.renegade1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a cat and a few doo's in the past, even had a turbo xm, I picked up a sidewinder this last season and have to say its the most fun sled I have ridden to date. Its not for everybody but if your a decent rider and love power I would at least try one, night and day compared to my old nytro.

PREACH IT

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a tree guy, a side grinder is not a tree machine

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a tree guy, a side grinder is not a tree machine

Ya if you are staying on this site follow the doo advice and you won't get harassed for what you ride.
Plus the dam things work really well!!

I know of a 2019 175 MPI 5# turbo with under 1200km.
Fair bit of expensive extras for not much $$$ for the package.

Top Bottom