New sled, what ta buy??

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, considering of buying a new sled and selling old trusty tractor

Not sure what ta buy, doo 8****ty, alpha, poo poo ??

What track length?? , have a 174 now, don't need it most days it seems, but sure is nice on deep days.... 165-174 175??

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, considering of buying a new sled and selling old trusty tractor

Not sure what ta buy, doo 8****ty, alpha, poo poo ??

What track length?? , have a 174 now, don't need it most days it seems, but sure is nice on deep days.... 165-174 175??
Go on a bunch of demo dayz on them all - I rode a 165 one day then a 175 the next day all in the trees at eagles and I would take the 175 all day over the 165

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you are a absolutely huge guy the 174/175 is not needed. A 165 or 162 is kinda the all around sled it seems but dont go with the 2.5” paddle track. Trust me it’s not very useful in the steep and deep. You should also consider what accessories you’d want and if you want to go with a left over or a current year

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went and ordered a new POlaris 850 2 weeks ago from the dealer in Cranbrook. They did have sweet deals on 800's that was left over stock but decided to go with the 850

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shuswap x treme is a sick dealer for where you live. Alpha Cat 165 would make you giggle. I just happen to be selling absolutely mint one for half what I paid. Super low miles and warranty

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geeze ol skidoo and mud isn't really kicking into gear this morning on the doolaide, I'm shocked.

All I can say is that my Alpha is a ton of fun and Shuswap Xtreme is a great dealer.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went and ordered a new POlaris 850 2 weeks ago from the dealer in Cranbrook. They did have sweet deals on 800's that was left over stock but decided to go with the 850
when you say ordered do you mean the dealer is looking to transfer one from somewhere else? or are they thinking someone may back out of a snowcheck.
sled orders only happen once a year in the spring along with snowcheck.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do - don't get anything with 8lbs of boost because everything else you try after that will feel miniscule especially zero lbs at 5000ft

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOLD ON,

you want a mountain sled right?

there is only one true factory elevation compensated mountain snowmobile. or do you ride at sea level tex? thats what i thought lol

We all know what you are really trying to compensate for. I guess there were no real mountain sleds on the market before your T-850 Doo came to market?

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all know what you are really trying to compensate for. I guess there were no real mountain sleds on the market before your T-850 Doo came to market?

Out of all honesty the Polaris’s are crazy light and easy to get into. Lots of dealers are blowing the 800’s out but you can find some good deals on 850’s

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After a couple Doo 175's I went with the Expert 165 last year and really liked it as I started riding faster and more aggressively in tighter trees. Only really missed the 175 a few days but liked the extra maneuverability of the 165 everyday. Half of our group rides the Polaris 850's and now with the updated ECU flash they work well. Lots of spark plug changing before. I love SHOT and ease of initiating a side hill with my Doo's as it saves my shoulders. The Polaris are a little harder to initiate but more precise so really personal preference and dealer support IMO. Good luck and enjoy!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After a couple Doo 175's I went with the Expert 165 last year and really liked it as I started riding faster and more aggressively in tighter trees. Only really missed the 175 a few days but liked the extra maneuverability of the 165 everyday. Half of our group rides the Polaris 850's and now with the updated ECU flash they work well. Lots of spark plug changing before. I love SHOT and ease of initiating a side hill with my Doo's as it saves my shoulders. The Polaris are a little harder to initiate but more precise so really personal preference and dealer support IMO. Good luck and enjoy!

I agree with how much faster your ride now. I only catch you on the straight-a-ways now.

Top Bottom