New Skis

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
Powder Pros or CA Pros; I'm having a heck of a time deciding between the 2. Any advice would be appreciated. They'll be going on a '14 Summit 163.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why new skis? Are the stock supposed to be best for that set up? I have a set of orange PP if your interested tho.

kgb117

Reaction score
Id like to hear what you didn't like about the ds2 ski because I was going to pick up a set of those for my old xp

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powder Pros or CA Pros; I'm having a heck of a time deciding between the 2. Any advice would be appreciated. They'll be going on a '14 Summit 163.

I've got the C&A BTX skis and I'll tell you, they are aggressive when they bite on the trail and in hard snow. Haven't had them in slush yet (maybe soon) but overall they float and transition well. The mounting point is balanced well and they get up on plane good and make a nice sidehill cut, I've found them really nice for technical tree riding. I've had PP's on other sleds, they steered a little easier, the BTX tend to hold a straight line in set up snow and requires more effort in just pure "steering" on the trail, but in the pow the BTX are slightly better IMO.

Here's my only complaint: Worst thing about the BTX was installing them and pulling the handle back to the rear hole. They come from the factory with the ski handle in the middle hole and the ski tip is pointed too far straight forward for my preference and for deep snow riding IMO (looks like a dart). You want the ski to get up on the snow. So I pulled the handle back to the farthest rear hole (increasing the ski curve at the front and floatation), but it took a 900 lb ratchet strap and a heat gun for me to be comfortable doing it. I don't know why C&A wouldn't start it there instead, its far easier to flatten the ski out than to make it bend.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
I hit a rock and damaged one of my stock skis. I've always wanted to try some aftermarket skis anyway so I figure now is as good a time as any. The powder pro has a curved keel and some guys are saying these are the way to go. Others are saying to go with CA Pro. I guess I'll flip a coin but I'm kind of leaning towards the CA Pros.

Top Bottom