New Skidplates

Jimbow007

Reaction score
My KingQuad needs new skidplates. An advice on what brands are good and what brands to stay away from? I'm hoping to find a one piece style instead of the 3 piece system the Kings come with.

Jimbow007

Reaction score
On our race quads we use UHMW, we would buy a 4 x 10 sheet and cut to fit....

We bought it from Redwood Plastic's in Edmonton, before I had heard of A.B.Plastic, I'll bet they have it, and there on member on the site.....

Thanks, I'm looking for a bolt on type for the tractor. I don't think my Banshee is going to get any.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm looking for a bolt on type for the tractor ????????????????????. I don't think my Banshee is going to get any.

We tried the bolt on ones and used to beat them off in in 3-4 races....the UHMW ones would last a seson and are lighter. Once we fiqured out the best way to attach them.

Jimbow007

Reaction score
We tried the bolt on ones and used to beat them off in in 3-4 races....the UHMW ones would last a seson and are lighter. Once we fiqured out the best way to attach them.

Can you show me how you attached the UHMW to your quads? I looked up the properties of the UHMW and I must say it sounds good.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put Ricochet skids on both my quads, pricey but well worth the money. Heavy aluminum and they stay on, haven't had to even tighten a single fastener. Only issue I have is where the bolts (allen heads) are on the bottom, they should have a 1/4" lip all around the bolt on the skid plate because I've flattened most of mine to the point where they are only going to come off with a chisel. If you go that route get the full package including the footwells - a good investment. I've landed on so many rocks and no damage at all.

Top Bottom