New rzr line up announced today.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NOTE: please note that due to sensitivity within the Polaris camp, no brand bash was posted here.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So any new rangers on the horizon, heard they were all going to the same style frame and chassis as the 900 ranger. No 500 or 800 from what i saw?

mitchmahar

Reaction score
Im a Polaris dealer so i will let you know what I know Sportsman 1000, rzr 800 is scratched and gone replaced by the 900 and that's coming in a 50" and the xc and s styles (55" and 60" wide) the ace got a 570 dropped into it. there is high lifter mud edition xp1000 and it is bad-ass :Happy4: defiantly worth looking up, theirs also a dessert style xp1k that's pretty coll but we have no dunes so im not as interested. the rangers basically made the same moves, ranger 800 full size is gone and replaced with and replaced with a 570 full-size. apart from that the scrambler 850 is gonzo and that's all i can really think of off the top pf my head

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rumor has it there is one less xmr out there , and one new xp1000....
Very UNcannny.....

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of cool how Polaris was one of the leaders in SXS and quads.
Then BRP starts years later and within a few years Polaris is following.
Three wheel street bike, mud SXS and so on.
Really cool to see them pushing each other👍👍👍

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Really cool to see them pushing each other

be interesting to see real world stats about who truly has more market share!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can am also put out a mud spec maverick. also they have this like neon yellowy green with a white/black wrap option. About time that doo yellow and black was getting old.

I like the mud rzr but the trail rzr 900 would probably be a better fit for trails. that 1000 is the size of a jeep wrangler.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and you had to kick the hornets nest lol.

well that should liven things up around here.

hold everything, i need a beer n popcorn. haha

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If my very quick trip down to california is any indication, Rzr is on the verge of the same problem as kleenex and skidoo... Unless Can-am makes a model called razor that I hadn't heard of... :rolleyes:

Glad to see Polaris cutting some of the redundancy out of their pipeline (key word some). Is it just me or is the rzr 900 making less horsepower now? Probably the detuned version out of the ranger so that its closer to what the old 800 was? Extra 35 hp probably makes the 1k an easier sell for people that were on the fence last year...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
and you had to kick the hornets nest lol.

well that should liven things up around here.

hold everything, i need a beer n popcorn. haha

I don't mean speculation from the Snowandmud Public, I want to see say an Alberta Registries report stating how many RZR registered vs Can-Am Maverick or Commanders...... Mind you, how many out there today are still running around without plates waiting for the golden ticket?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mean speculation from the Snowandmud Public, I want to see say an Alberta Registries report stating how many RZR registered vs Can-Am Maverick or Commanders...... Mind you, how many out there today are still running around without plates waiting for the golden ticket?

true, we can only go by sales fiqures, but they may be skewed also. not comparing apples to apples sort of.

according to some polaris wins in the axle department. lol

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really cool to see them pushing each other

My RZR 900 was bad ass in 2012. No real competition, now my 2 year old machine is, well,... old. With the 1000xp, the Maverick and the Wildcat XC out gunning my paltry 88hp. I wish I could afford to upgrade, but really, my machine is no slouch. I can get into trouble just as easy as the high horse competition. I am impressed with the new products thats coming out of the wood works. Now if the Japanese manufacturers started some new designs, that would be fantastic.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We will have to take up a collection for you then dave, haha, For some reason seems the quads are disappearing from the trails, I have seen a steady disappearance of quads at the suds buds outings, Very few left dave very few. Not sayin they are the best but something is working in there favour.

the scary thing is with bigger and faster machines i fear we will see lots of regulation and marked trails just like our American brothers... we can't stop stupid so it will get regulated real soon... we saw this happen when riders switch from dirtbikes to quads now quads to sxs... bigger badder machines don't sit well with non riders... just saying enjoy will you can still ride where you want

personally id cry to see riding parks with marked well maintained trails you could take a truck up... and everyone crammed into one small area... drag racing quads also has absoulutly no appeal to me..just saying not for me

Top Bottom