new quads

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting myself a new quad looking at the 09 grizz 700 09 kq 750and 09 canam 800. Really torn between the 3 any input on any machine would be appreciated. What ppl would suggest as the best bang for your buck...like the 3 year warranty on canam!

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of those three the Grizz would probably be the most reliable. The canam the fastest and most powerful. Don't really know much about the new Kings. Depnds on what you are looking to do with the machine which one would be better. I went with the Brute because of the price and power but the Canam has more just couldn't see spending so much more for the little extra power. The Grizz is in the middle for price but like most will say is probably the best quad on the market.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is that brute don't know anyone with a brute so never really seen one in action. any issues for a bigger rider i'm 6'2, 269 lbs and what the price range if you don't mind me askin?

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is that brute don't know anyone with a brute so never really seen one in action. any issues for a bigger rider i'm 6'2, 269 lbs and what the price range if you don't mind me askin?

As for power, all I can say is wow!!! It is about the only machine that will give the Can-am a challenge. I am not very small either at 5'11 and 300+ and I have no issues riding it, I found it more comfortable for seating position than the Grizzly. All in with the 3 year warranty and aluminum skids I got it for just over 10g's out the door, I have heard of better deals if you look around and are willing to travel. That was the best I could find around Edm. when I was looking in June. Some don't like the lever style diff lock and I have heard of problems with tie rods but have had no problems myself yet, also others claim they are hard on belts but most guys I know with the Brutes say the belt problems are due to the rider not the machine. There are numerous mods available as well as you can see by my sig mine isn't stock anymore but that makes it all that much more fun. As all machines go there are going to be problems depending on how the quad is being used but as for the best bang for the buck it is hard to beat the brutes. The best way is to try all the machines and see which one feels more comfortable and rides the way you like. I wanted to look at the Suzuki's when I was looking but they told me they would not budge from the MSRP price at that time so I never even looked at them but I rode the Brute, a Grizzly and a outty 800. The Brute was my choice. Also the 650i's are even lower priced and have almost as much power as the 750's but they are not EFI.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like the idea of efi...did you rent the ones you drove just to try them out...think i'll give that a try. Thanks alot for the info...big help nice to get perspective from another big guy...do all sort of riding..long trips lots of mud!! and trails as well so my quads take a beating but well maintained.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like the idea of efi...did you rent the ones you drove just to try them out...think i'll give that a try. Thanks alot for the info...big help nice to get perspective from another big guy...do all sort of riding..long trips lots of mud!! and trails as well so my quads take a beating but well maintained.
I didn't think of renting as it is fairly expensive and would've put off buying another month or two. I just did the trip around a couple of parking lots. a small field and some curbs.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even a better idea...the rental fees are a few quad payments i guess. thanks

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this will help but I bought two 07 Grizzlys and have had no problems at all. I got them from E and S in the Fort and they have been great to deal with.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to argyll motorsports today just happen to be in the area got a real nice king quad with ss rims and mudlite radials, bumpers, passenger pegs, full skid plate kit for 11,689. bare bones factory grizzly for 10,689 hmmmmmm.....wondering if any1 dealt with argyll...maybe goto e&s in the fort this weekend..thanks mtnguy

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to argyll motorsports today just happen to be in the area got a real nice king quad with ss rims and mudlite radials, bumpers, passenger pegs, full skid plate kit for 11,689. bare bones factory grizzly for 10,689 hmmmmmm.....wondering if any1 dealt with argyll...maybe goto e&s in the fort this weekend..thanks mtnguy

I bought and had my 2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200(man I miss that bike)serviced at Argyl and always had good and reasonably fast service. Never had any problems getting anything I needed for my older dirt bikes as well and they were from the 70's.

Bryan

Reaction score
I got a 2009 outlander 800, very happy with it so far. Power and comfort is great. I seem to run a little warm at times though. Have to see what service says about it. Got it from Mike at Riverside, great deal!!

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you considered side by side's? I just got a polaris RZR and man is it a blast, so far, I've gone everywhere my BF goes and it doesn't beat me up on the rough trial's.
It's also much nicer when you have company riding with you and the extra storage space (not as much as a rhino I know) is nice to have as well.
I haven't ridden my quad since I got this little rocket.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thought about the side by side, but can't haul in box of truck, need a trailer. and i like to manipulate my machine. With those side by side kinda at the mercy of where it wants to go, kinda, if that makes any sense. heard those rzr a hoot though.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill take a crack here.

Alot of this question depends on what you want out of your ATV.

Speed - your looking at the can am all the way on this feature.

now performance in mud/water - id have to give this to the grizzly with the Tru dif lock system (king Quad has one similar aswell) but the relocated snorkel system on these grizzlys make it a very capable mud/water machine out of the box.

handling - Grizzly has power steering i mean srsly no comparing them.

suspension. im going to give this to the can - am with the strait up and down movement that there suspension has but tbh its negligible from the rides ive done on all 3 machines they all handle well much better than the Bruteforce's ive rode.

Quality / dependability - well they all have problems but the quality of these 3 manufactures are all fairly good. you have made 3 good picks imho. I've had probs with my Yamaha my buddies have had failures as well on there Suzuki's and can-ams so i mean i guess if it isnt a honda it is going to have some problems.

so id have to say ..

if you want all out speed / performance (trail) grab the can-am other wise you will find yourself slightly trailing . now not to be misunderstood all 3 of these quads are fast enough to kill yourself on but the can-am will kill you quicker :p.

For mud - nothing beats a real dif lock imho - clearance is another good thing. both king and gizzly have this feature and it works better than visco crap does any day (trust me its better ive pushed out some buried outies because of visco not kicking in fast enough)

handling power steering cant be overlooked .

as far as quality goes id have to say i have no fav on this category.

If i was to buy a machine today seeing as i dont use power steering and im fine with out it . and the fact that i hardly ever need my dif lock with the tires im rolling .. id buy myself a can-am simply because id have alot of stock power good suspension and i could put large tires and not need to mod out my machine again like i did with my 660 but i guess my decision is jaded because i would not want to mod out a atv again other than tires.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
leonard think you made my decision harder!! going to atv show tomorrow so hopefully the deal on one of th machines is what im looking for and that makes my decision for me. from the feedback i've been getting sounds like can't really go wrong with either of these machines. do lots of mud, muskeg, and trails and sound like all of them have power to pull animals out of the bush! thanks for replies...hopefully tomorrow night i've made a purchase...

Yamaha4Life

Reaction score
I would say go with the Yamaha also i love the new 09 yamaha hey i herd that thay upgraded the axels and the CV boot covers i right. I have a 2007 yamaha kodiak 450 boy i wish id waited till 2009 they gave it a face lift softer seat Dry storge. My dad has a 2008 yamah grizzly 700 and he loves it no trobles at all. But you need to change the stock tires asap they suck in the mudd of skag he has 279n Sump lites and he loves them reall easy to turn with the eps. Also one thing to watch out for is with the camo i strongly recomend you do not go with it unless your a hunter. I rolled my machine 1 and all the camo look like crap at least its all an the left side.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well went to atv show today to look at quads....pisses me off when nothing has prices on it...i know they want to talk to you and all ,but i would like the choice to have a boo at everything first, then decide which i want more info on! had nice setup on all quads...gotta say some of those sleds were unreal!!!!!!

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope...and no further ahead in my decision...think my best bet is to drive all three.the can am felt the most comfortable to sit on ,then the grizzly then ,the king quad. like the power the canam but the grizz still has enough jam and power steering, but then like the suspension on the canam, but like the oil bath brakes on the king quad(for maintance).

Top Bottom