New pro rmk or used TM8

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've pretty much pulled the pin on a used PG Turbo M8. I just keep second guessing myself saying I should maybe buy a new pro rmk and just ride it stock. This will be my first turbo sled. I really want to go turbo but can't afford a new one. Let me know what you guys think!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself, if I was on a budget, and had that choice, I would be going Pro. Just for warranty, longevity, and handling alone (hassle free).... If I had deeper pockets, I might think different. Sorry, that's my .02$ I'm sure the turbo will be fun!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh hee hee. I should have looked at the poster of this thread.. I know the answer... question withdrawn buddy ! :)

Last edited:

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u say u can't afford a new turbo so your gonna by used...The sled has 1300miles was it turbo from day one,how much longer before engine rebuild not to mention how much to run a turbo for a day VS a stock sled..Also what do your buddies ride,if your the only guy with a turbo your probably gonna go places they can't...As CUSO said how can u beat warranty,plus if you want u can turbo the Pro next year for probably $4000-$6000 not sure how much a turbo is really worth...Good luck with what u decide.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the pro. No worries just ride.if you want more power you can always add a pipe/can. Power commander, and a higher compression head. Still will be reliable

Sent from Tapatalk

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the price difference? thats what its all goin to come down to, if you buy the tm8 how much are you "saving"? tm8 sure would be a blast tho!

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one?? Looks like a good deal. M8 is worth almost that alone. Turbo is anotheer $ 5000.00 or so.
This was the one i was actually thinking of. Guess i need to put my glasses on and read what i post LOL !!

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Stoller99 mentioned.

You buy used, you never know what the TRUE history of the sled is.

New, you are an original owner, and have no surprises.. ;)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh man I'm laughing.. Sorry Destroyer.. I should have looked at the poster of the thread! lmao!.. I know the answer to my question.....

Ya ok my hair is kind of blonde now... just a coincidence...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Was looking at a tm8. But went with a stock newer one. Same money. Biggest thing it would have been cool and all but if u get way up there and get stuck ect.... None of my buddys I ride with could get to me. Went stock for the ease of get on it and ride it

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was going used, I'd buy a good used stock sled then put the turbo on for about the same money. Good install is such a huge factor in how turbo'd sleds perform and hold up. I'd be leary about buying someone else's problems on a used TM8.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can't afford to burn a $100 bill in front of you, stay away from a turbo. You won't be able to fix the motor if it burns down.

Top Bottom