New pro must have?

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I snow checked a 2014 pro 163 gloss black and have a $1000 store credit. What should I buy? I'm thinking cover and belly pan not sure what else. Not sure I need a fuel can and already ordered tunnel bag seat bag and handlebar bag with the snow check. What else should I buy?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just get them to put the $1000 towards the price of the sled. Mayb a couple jugs of oil but skid plate, tarp and bags are all you will need from Polaris

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tether for sure.. every sled should have a spare belt on it and plugs.. QD belt in the trailer as mentioned.. fuel can may be necessary if you are doing a full long day.
Under seat bag is nice, pretty pricy for the size but holds some food and drinks. I wouldn't use Polaris oil.. overpriced. Find an amsoil dealer and you'll cut the cost of oil in half.

Other than that ride the actual sled stock performance wise. You won't be disappointed. I did can and clutching for year 2

kobylka18

Reaction score
Depending on how much you like to use trees for traction I would put a different bumper on to protect the sled a bit more. Polaris has this bumper Polaris Snowmobiles CA similar to the Dan Adams which I went with.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Change out your primary spring for an SLP blue/pink one. Will give you an extra 100-150 RPM at elevation!! And they dont break like the stovk ones do!

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion....the spare quick drive belt should be stored on your sled or in your pack. It sure sucks when you have to tow a sled or rip back to the truck to get a spare belt, cause this usually seems to happen in the worst of spots and on bluebird days ! Breaking in both belts is wise as well. And don't fold or bend the QD belt to store it. Hopefully these new belts will hold up better.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riser if taller,burandt flyer bag,quick drive skid plate,extra bogie wheels,lower guage lifter,extra scratchers(they break).you can get a decent shovel and cover at Costco for a 1/5th price of the Polaris verso on. Also belt and plugs.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled solutions under seat bag is way better than the Polaris bag, sled Solutions bag is somewhat water proof.

the 13-14 underseat bag is elevated 1/2" and has a waterproof bottom, also has a waterproof liner thats removable. far better than the 08-12 bag.

Sledog

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a defrost bag? Im assuming this is the bags that mount under the hood somewhere...

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a defrost bag? Im assuming this is the bags that mount under the hood somewhere...

No its the gauge lifter bag. Its ok it you use a full windsheild. It uses the hole that the gauge goes in normally to chimney under hood heat into the bag.

I highly recommend the under hood goggle warming bag that sits above the muffler.

Last edited:
Top Bottom