Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
QUESTION: WHEN I'M LOGGED ON THIS SITE AND START CHECKING THE NEW THREADS AND IF I DON'T FINISH CHECKING THEM ALL, OR IF I LEAVE THE COMPUTER FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME AND COME BACK, ALL THE UNREAD THREADS SHOULD STILL BE THERE, RIGHT?? WELL THEY'RE NOT..... THE SYSTEM SEEMS TO RESET AND YOU LOOSE ALL THE UNREAD THREADS AND IT RESETS TO PRESENT. EG, THIS MORNING I GOT ABOUT 1/2 WAY THROUGH THE UNREADS, AND HAD TO LOG OUT AND THEN WHEN I WAS ABLE TO LOG BACK IN, ALL THE UNREADS WERE GONE..... ANY IDEAS??:confused: :confused:

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too!

I have tried using the advance search function and just searching for all threads from a certain date (like yesterday or whenever) and it won't let me search unless I put in some keywords (which I don't want to because I want to see everything). I also tried wildcards. Would be usefull if the search function would let us execute this search.

Thanks

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

I went to the Vbulletin software help website and put the 'new posts' problem on there. They came back shortly with an answer and I adjusted the site software in the Administrator panel. For the first time you check new posts this will be a little screwed up. But It should work perfect now. It was only keeping track for each time you were on the site, now it keeps track of all new posts that are on the site for up to 10 days. Once you look at the posts there removed from the new posts list.

The first time you see this all posts will show up as unread because the database marking is new. Once you mark the forums as read everything will work fine.

Once you read the new posts, at the bottom of the screen click on 'mark all posts read' then when you go back on it should only show the new posts...

Hope this helps..

RON

GRD

Reaction score
Hey Ron,

What ever you did works great. A lot easier to keep track of read and unread posts.

Thanks

Im just trying another one but am awaiting a new Icon that is being drawn up..

Otherwise this New post system works great..

RON

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup,think he needs to loosen up the brastrap....LOL!
catmando!
Mayby the sleds been sittin too long,he's loosin it!

Top Bottom