New outer wear

09summitxp

Reaction score
I bought all new last year and went with hally Hanson, it's great! Extremely light, breathable, and flexible.

If it does get cold out you can close the vents and it's very warm gear! I went with the professional series!

Sent from my iPhone using

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tog bibs and Valdez jacket as well as the compression layer underneith for as low as -15 and any colder than that I add the Inferno layer.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have half a dozen rides on my new Klim Stealth gear. Hands down, awesome! Very stretchy material. Very rip resistant.
Only complaint is the dumb Velcro on the cuffs.

sent from a top secret location

Ron Schultz

Reaction score
Motorfist all the way....I am about your size and sweat bad with the insulated stuff. Went out and bought last year Motorfist bibs and jacket at about 65% of new cost and just layer up for the cold. Great stuff and I stay dry now.

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with uninsulated FXR Mountain gear last year, got it for a great price at the sled show. everything works as advertised, FXR has well thought out stuff with many pockets and zippered vents. can't remember what they call their breathable material, but it works.

I just dropped fxr from our store. Their warranty is an absolute JOKE. I got a day out of my fxr mtn maverick suit. One ride! I flipped over the bars and the pocket caught on my bars...ripped to shreds! Sure maybe not warranty, but the service was terrible. They said...Send it in, give you an estimate, good bye. Wow. Mf and Klim have been unreal! Pushing things through warranty, giving loaner gear to keep you riding! How would a consumer feel after shelling out 600 bucks, FIRST RIDE having it shred while riding. Call for some assistance only to have them lecture me about what their warranty covers, then tell you it's unrepairable....ask for the manager who takes all of 20 secs and tells "Ya, send it in, we will give you an estimate, good bye". We carry the gear!! I'm only running it because I want to promote what we carry.

Done. Dropped them this morning. We have carried them for a few years. Around 40k orders per year.

Bringing in strikt. We have mf too.

Sad cuz fxr is Canadian.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try the Motorfist on.. the Rekon and the Big Mountain are awesome.. the Big Mountain is a bit stretchy-er...I think you'd super dig it. It is comfortable. but they both feature eVent.. waterproof breathable.. and super wicked. sizing is generous, You'll probably be a 2xl. but try them on for size to make sure. ( I have dressed many a man in motorfist clothing back in the days when I worked at dealerships. I'm pretty sure, but try them on) check out the base and hydrophobic fleece midlayers. Warmth, and dryness.
Awesome company to deal with, they contribute to our sport, and support our clubs and our efforts to keep sledding happening for generations to come.

and I love them.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just dropped fxr from our store. Their warranty is an absolute JOKE. I got a day out of my fxr mtn maverick suit. One ride! I flipped over the bars and the pocket caught on my bars...ripped to shreds! Sure maybe not warranty, but the service was terrible. They said...Send it in, give you an estimate, good bye. Wow. Mf and Klim have been unreal! Pushing things through warranty, giving loaner gear to keep you riding! How would a consumer feel after shelling out 600 bucks, FIRST RIDE having it shred while riding. Call for some assistance only to have them lecture me about what their warranty covers, then tell you it's unrepairable....ask for the manager who takes all of 20 secs and tells "Ya, send it in, we will give you an estimate, good bye". We carry the gear!! I'm only running it because I want to promote what we carry.

Done. Dropped them this morning. We have carried them for a few years. Around 40k orders per year.

Bringing in strikt. We have mf too.

Sad cuz fxr is Canadian.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

this is funny, you actually tried to get warranty on that? no wonder the supplier gave you poor service if you thats the type of warranty claims being sent in, at some point they gotta say enough is enough.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I'll try to steer you away from Mike, is the Reima (I think that's how you spell it) bibs.

I bought these because I was looking for bibs in an XL-Tall (already hard to find locally) that went higher up my back and front (most of my height is in my upper torso, I only have a 32" or so inseam).

I wore them +/- 10 outing last season and every time saw my knees and butt get wet. I returned the first pair to Turple Bros and they exchanged them for me no hassle. I only wore the second pair twice and while they were more dry, I was still finding the seat to let more moisture than I want (none) through. I talked to a local rider here who swears by them, in fact he has the same bibs I do, who says he's never once got wet but that's not the case for me. I talked to the girls at Turps again and they contacted the manufacturer for me and the response was that "Gortex materials will lose some of their waterproofing is sitting for a long time" and they suggested I wash and dry them as the tags say and they should be good to go. This was after I was done riding for the season but the girls agreed with me in that it sounded kind of hokey. I will say this, that when they were dry they were quite comfortable and warm (but not too warm).

We'll see what the new season brings, I'll do what Reima suggested but I'm looking into some MF or HMK bibs as well.

:cool:

Welp, looks like I gotta eat crow on this one. Washed them exactly how the ladies at Turps told me too and I gotta say, haven't got wet yet this season. Warm and dry.

However, I have seen the LIGHT and I know that the ONESIE is our true saviour.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the TOBE onezy and its weird fabric, it got wet in golden this last weekend, so its wet to the touch outside and heres the weird part, it feels wet on the inside but its not, was a little cold if standing around (I wear MF base and mid) but warmed up when moving which is normal.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the TOBE onezy and its weird fabric, it got wet in golden this last weekend, so its wet to the touch outside and heres the weird part, it feels wet on the inside but its not, was a little cold if standing around (I wear MF base and mid) but warmed up when moving which is normal.

what do you think of the onezy? been thinking about picking one up but on the fence right now.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got some older FXR gear that gets pretty wet now and have Klim as well for the past 4 yrs that I've loved for warmth and protection, but as stated earlier, inside the gear is wet from sweating. I'll be grabbing a mono suit from Tobe .... if I can find one !!!

RN

Top Bottom