Need a new sledding jacket

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have decided I need a new sledding jacket and current have insulated Klimate. A buddy suggest Valdez but it's not insulated like the Klimate. I am not a young buck anymore and like to stay warm. I do wear a chest and back protector all the time. I am willing to look at other brands so lets here your imput. I am willing to look at old stock too. BTW I am not a huge fan of the looks of the new klimate

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have decided I need a new sledding jacket and current have insulated Klimate. A buddy suggest Valdez but it's not insulated like the Klimate. I am not a young buck anymore and like to stay warm. I do wear a chest and back protector all the time. I am willing to look at other brands so lets here your imput. I am willing to look at old stock too. BTW I am not a huge fan of the looks of the new klimate

Personally I'd go with a shell style jacket like the Valdez and run some good quality base and mid layers. You can layer up or down as the temperature requires. Nothing worse than being overdressed or underdressed for a day of riding.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, nothing matches the versatility of a layered system

Chrisp1

Reaction score
I have a lightly used Motorfist jacket if your interested. Has a removable liner, worn on 2 trips.

Chrisp1

Reaction score
Its a Carbide 2XL Jacket. I have the motorfist pants as well.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOBE. I prefer Sympatex over Goretex. I had great luck with it in the Skidoo outerwear and now with TOBE. It seems tougher. For reference I also have a bunch of Goretex from Arcteryx and it is not holding up as well with less usage.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im 60 and wear the valdez, on trail i layer then when get to riding area gear down. The valdez gives you more warmth than you think. Wind will not go through and hold body heat well. Going on my 6th season with it riding up to 30 days a yr.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm 60 too and ended up ordering a Klimate jacket from Martin Motorsports up in Edmonton. With the prices on non current models it was a great deal and no cost shipping.
Im 60 and wear the valdez, on trail i layer then when get to riding area gear down. The valdez gives you more warmth than you think. Wind will not go through and hold body heat well. Going on my 6th season with it riding up to 30 days a yr.

Lammy

Reaction score
I had a couple year old FXR Cold Cross jacket which was incredibly warm, but was very bulky (made me feel like the Michelin Man when I wore it). Last year I spotted an FXR Vertical Pro in a snowboarding shop. It is a softshell jacket with a pretty decent liner, its light and much more comfortable than the Cold Cross that I had before. I love it!
I ordered through Fortnine which has an excellent return policy ($7), if it doesn't fit or you don't like it.
PS: I am 56 as well and not a fan of being cold.
https://m.fortnine.ca/media/catalog...t-charcoal-heather-black-s-200909-0610-07.jpg

Top Bottom