New Nytro reviews

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
:)AH i have been running not one but two turbos on my 1000 all season.
It all depends on how much you set the boost for,if you go crazy with it ya i can see anybody rebuilding before it's time.But being way lighter they dont need that much boost like a yamaha does.
Besides,for the more fun of riding something 150-200lb's lighter-same power,it ias well worth throwing a couple of bearings in maybe every 3rd season or so,they dont cost much for a 2 stroke and 2 strokes are cheaper to rebuild than a 4 stroke,just to let you know my brother has an apex with supercharger,so im not against them i just dont see why ride all that weight around now when you dont have to.:twocents:

what kind of turbo's are you running and is your machine a "pull the cord and go" unit or is there a little tinkering to do with them once and a while? And just wondering how many km's you have on it with the twins, oh and if you don't mind, what is the cost of installing two turbo's and what octane do you run? thanks in advance...

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
:)AH i have been running not one but two turbos on my 1000 all season.
It all depends on how much you set the boost for,if you go crazy with it ya i can see anybody rebuilding before it's time.But being way lighter they dont need that much boost like a yamaha does.
Besides,for the more fun of riding something 150-200lb's lighter-same power,it ias well worth throwing a couple of bearings in maybe every 3rd season or so,they dont cost much for a 2 stroke and 2 strokes are cheaper to rebuild than a 4 stroke,just to let you know my brother has an apex with supercharger,so im not against them i just dont see why ride all that weight around now when you dont have to.:twocents:

just wondering here but your summit 1000 (thats what I am currently riding) wieghs in roughly the same as the stock nytro, now you put two turbo's on it what kind of hp are you getting out of it. How much boost are you running to need two turbos. Mcxpress says the nytro with one turbo can take up to 270 hp without fuel injection work or foundation work. 240hp is run, safe all day no problems. so the nytro would end up with a better power to wieght ratio being that your only utilizing one turbo, just my opinion. just look at dirtbikes though the two stroke dirtbike is a thing of the past and in a few years so will the two stroke sled you will probably still be able to get two strokes but the fours will outsell them. I think yamaha has alot of work to do to get to this point but headed in the right direction the technology will come eventually! just learning what I can in the meantime

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled was one of the first built ,so it did cost a little bit more to tune it in properly.But now they know what to do it should be easier.You dont need 2 turbos it is over kill but i like trying new things lol.Also remember that its not the HP you get it's the touque and mine can run up to 450HP but the torque right now,( running at 300HP ) is around 390 foot pounds,besides i know a few guys conting my brother,with yamaha apexes and i would like to see a 3 cylinder nitro get that kind of HP.Ecko Cycle just did a artic cat with a single turbo and dyno was 230HP and 290 ftlb torque.Best to talk to Ecko and to Specialty sleds.On my sled i have to run vp fuel but im hoping that the single turbo dosent have to. You guys just have to see this thing goooooooo

twin turbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some on my phone but it crapped out, ill get you guys some this weekend,leaving for valemount soon,and the new 800 rev with a single turbo is up there right now.

ssr78

Reaction score
this blog is going a long way of topic if we want to talk turbo talk lets start a new topic just for turbos. I think? At least at the topic line says new nytro reviews. twin turbo if you want to talk turbos i am Well versed in both turbo and superchargers on both 2 and 4 stroke motors . Just pm me. Now back to the topic at hand the new nytro. In my opinion As i know all the people that read this forum are not into doing anything short of pulling up to there local gas station pumping in some fuel and going sledding The Nytro is a great sled, also saying that Doo,Poo&Cat all make good sleds. The 4 stroke is just a good dependable and very economical way to go The Nytro is like driving a Diesel Pickup after driving a gas truck you just learn to use the low engine RPM Grunt to your advantage. The sled handles great Rides Great and is doing what the sled was designed to do. Maybe at by the end of the riding season i will find out all the likes and dislikes at which time i will do an end of the year review with both Positive& neg of the sled. Now it's time to go Sledin, See you on the hill Remeber SHARE THE RIDE

tayco

Reaction score
Website
www.taycowelding.ca
Well Fella's after all that wow!!! I just happen to be the Nytro rider that Catmando wasn't all that impressed with in Mcbride. This was more than likely due to the fact I was keeping the machine under the recomended break in rpm of 6000 for the first 150km's and only giving it a shot to 8500rpm if I really needed it. Yes I got stuck quite a few times while getting used how easy it is to turn this machine and also due to being a little too careful on the throttle as I purchased this machine to last me as long as possible thus the main reason for me going 4 stroke and careful break in. I rode my new nytro the first day a little worried that I wasn't going to like it due to it being quite tippy as compared to my 900 Cat. The second day I rode I finally got used to how to turn it and had a blast!!!! The bottom end torque is awesome, handling is same, very responsive and not looking under the hood to tinker once all weekend was so sweet. Third day out was really cold and was a charm to turn the key and not pull over the 900 again. I have to say all around so far with 200 or so km's on it, I am very happy and proud to ride my first Yammy sled. I can't wait to get out on it again maybe over Christmas/Newyear and give you all a better review with the throttle being wide open!!!!
Very pleased so far!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No hard feelings dude,thats just my first look at it and mayby once you open it up and break it in it will be better.It was my first look and my first and only honest opinion!
Get er broke in dude.
catmando!

Top Bottom