New member riding old junk

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New to sleds I ride a 97 670 summit 156" track Its bone stock other then track ext, bars, and can. I wanted to see if I liked sleding before I spend the bling. Mostly ride around Edm - Lake Isle etc. But have went to Valemount once and loved it I think I'm hooked. Heading to Mcbride on Mar 17/18 to try that out.

GRD

Reaction score
New to sleds I ride a 97 670 summit 156" track Its bone stock other then track ext, bars, and can. I wanted to see if I liked sleding before I spend the bling. Mostly ride around Edm - Lake Isle etc. But have went to Valemount once and loved it I think I'm hooked. Heading to Mcbride on Mar 17/18 to try that out.

Welcome to the site.... Fun hobby to start, but expensive... Lots to check out in the site!

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
hey ya gotta start out on something and the mountain doesn't care what your riding.

Last edited by a moderator:

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey... welcome Flabbajabba!

Your methodology sounds logical.... but wait until you've had a couple of awesome runs to the mountains with a great bunch of people..... and you've had a ton of fun....

"It will soak into every pore within your body".... ;) You'll be having sweet sweaty dreams about the next run..... a 1000 screaming horses won't hold you back... :D :D

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WELCOME ABOARD FLABBAJABBA: YOUR STORY OF HOW YOU STARTED OUT IS SIMILAR TO OURS... SUDDENLY THE BUG WILL BITE BIG TIME, AND IT WILL END UP COSTING YOU THE BIG COIN... MANY, MANY OF OUR FRIENDS HAVE ALL DONE THIS TOO. WE'LL BE IN MCBRIDE THE SAME WEEKEND YOU ARE, SO KEEP YOUR EYES OUT FOR US... COUPLE OF "SNOW AND MUD" ENCLOSED TRAILERS. WILL BE QUITE A FEW OF US THERE. :D:newbie:

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WELCOME ABOARD FLABBAJABBA: YOUR STORY OF HOW YOU STARTED OUT IS SIMILAR TO OURS... SUDDENLY THE BUG WILL BITE BIG TIME, AND IT WILL END UP COSTING YOU THE BIG COIN... MANY, MANY OF OUR FRIENDS HAVE ALL DONE THIS TOO. WE'LL BE IN MCBRIDE THE SAME WEEKEND YOU ARE, SO KEEP YOUR EYES OUT FOR US... COUPLE OF "SNOW AND MUD" ENCLOSED TRAILERS. WILL BE QUITE A FEW OF US THERE. :D:newbie:

you guys going up on the weekend or on the monday tuesday the 17th and 18th?? I'll bite if its on the monday tuesday as ill be coming back sunday from blue :)

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEY MARKO: WE'RE SLEDDIN NEXT SATURDAY/SUNDAY IN MCBRIDE AGAIN.... ARE YOU BACK IN BLUE RIVER THEN??

going up on sunday i think....but if you boys was riding on the 17th and 18th well hell i'd invite myself for (*^$ and giggles

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SORRY MARKO; RIDING 15TH/16TH.... ONE OF THESE DAYS WE'LL GET TOGETHER.... DID YOU GET THE BIG DOO TOGETHER YET?? OR IS IT A LOST CAUSE??

took the old 800 for a chew today after 9 hrs of fixin :) rcamera 064.jpg

rcamera 065.jpg ........i think its faster... lol..... heres a couple pics from about 3 today....just after she got finished,,,wasnt really bad...lol..notice new lightweight bumper.yellow again .....hehehe:D.darn sled cost me a fortune this year((((every year))))

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey.. Flabbajabba

I noticed you've got your goldfinger orintated at 180 degrees.... I've found, it works better (easier to control lever position) by changing the orientation to about 95 or 100 degrees (roughly the same orientation as the thrigger on the right side).

This way your fingers are holding on to the handle bar, not split between the bar and trigger..

Hope this is benificial to you...

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
hey.. Flabbajabba

I noticed you've got your goldfinger orintated at 180 degrees.... I've found, it works better (easier to control lever position) by changing the orientation to about 95 or 100 degrees (roughly the same orientation as the thrigger on the right side).

This way your fingers are holding on to the handle bar, not split between the bar and trigger..

Hope this is benificial to you...

ummm...I think thats 162's ride your talking about

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what you are riding as long as you have fun, and yes "once you get bit by the bug, it's hard to scratch the itch".

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well golly.... shucks, darn... you're right! Sorry about that Sumx54... :eek:

The thought still applies to those how have left hand throttles...

Here i am lookin for a pic of HIS sled when its MY sled he was talkin bout.............I like da throttle where she is.....I hope i can show ya sometime :) :) I only use it when i'm standing on the front suspension on a face...usually i can doo without it. But i see what ur sayin!!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Man, your hard on sleds....hope we can hook up in the mountains soon.
Cheerz.
Here i am lookin for a pic of HIS sled when its MY sled he was talkin bout.............I like da throttle where she is.....I hope i can show ya sometime :) :) I only use it when i'm standing on the front suspension on a face...usually i can doo without it. But i see what ur sayin!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Mcbride on Mar 17/18 to try that out.

We'll see ya there.:cool: I'll apolagize in advance for the SBR crew..just in case you run into them.;):D The Shredder crew on the other hand....we bring our "sleddin' dad" everywhere we go to keep things under control.:D:D Where ya stayin'?

Top Bottom