new hcr 8

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone test drove one yet need some feedback yeah or ney looking at getting one:d

Smokeshow

Reaction score
Picked mine up five days ago, only got 40 km on it so far but i really like it, suspension is great, seat is a little hard but position is good, track hooks up hard. Lots of low end torque and mapping seems right on, haven't been in more than 4 feet of snow yet but it was easy to throw around in the ditch's, very stable sidehilling and still easy to lay over. Hoping to get to the hills in the next week but it's been -33C here all week, too cold to venture out for very long!

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
neighbour bought Don's M8 HCR turbo, going for first ride after christmas....see how it works.

Smokeshow

Reaction score
Went for a another burn last night, running good but needs some clutching work for my elevation, I'm 1850-2300 ft locally, it comes set up for 6000-9000 so on top end it falls on it's face, all my local AC dealers don't have the new OEM 44/40 helix in stock yet, not available from Cat which is real shi**y but have been looking around and think I'll pick up the RK Tek secondary kit.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode an HCR over the Christmas Break in McBride in excess of 3 feet of powder.....WOW....It was from Don's speed parts, it was turboed running around 5-6.5lbs of boost making anywhere from 200-220HP. I'm a DIE HARD ski-doo guy and am seriously considering one of the production turbo CAt, Burant RTR backcountry i believe it's called. CAt has really stepped up to the plate with there mountian sleds. C'mon Doo put some feul injection in already so we can have quick tune turbos.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't remember his name, we just hooked up with them in McBride for a few days. He's an operator in Fort Mac and mentioned he knew you and Rory quite well. I thought he said he was from Sherwood Park but could be wrong, real cool guy, fun to ride and hang out with.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
Yeah that's Dustin... heard he took a ski out first day, glad to hear the sled rips!!!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's Dustin... heard he took a ski out first day, glad to hear the sled rips!!!

Ya, it was the 3rd day i believe, we were coming down Renshaw and he hit something on the trail that bucked him right off, it was dark so we carried on, upon further inspection on the sled deck he realized that his a-arm was touching the shock and was pushed back abit so they headed back to G.P. That thing is mighty sweet though. If you chat with him soon say hi for me...wouldn't mind hookin up with him again sometime. Can you PM me his ph number if you got it. Thanks.

Top Bottom