New gearbag suggestions

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade from my old gearbag thats starting to fall apart. Looking for something thats a bit bigger and is going to last if I'm spending this much on a bag. I like the looks of the Ogio 9800 and Klim Kodiak(think that was the name) bag. Anyone have any time with these bags or know of other decent ones?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I just use a rubermaid container. The black one with grey lid and red handles. Totally water proof and easy to strap down. Way cheaper than an Ogio bag also. Mine is going on 5 years now and still like brand new.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just use a rubermaid container. The black one with grey lid and red handles. Totally water proof and easy to strap down. Way cheaper than an Ogio bag also. Mine is going on 5 years now and still like brand new.

best thing in my opinion, my containers are going on 8 years, i think i paid 20$ each

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an Ogio Trucker 8800. I was looking at the 9800 but the 8800 is about 25L larger and I needed the extra space. Really happy with it after a season of use.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I use heavy duty hockey bags with the wheels... Using a team canada bag that I got at Canadian tire for $50 on sale from $129 a few years ago.... If they can keep hockey gear in them for years it will for for sled gear.... The bag works great and at a fraction of the Ohio bags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Ogio 9800, and it's really nice compared to my old one with no wheels. Lots compartments, and all the extra grab handles Ogio puts on their bags are nice for loading and throwing it around.
Rounded top of the Ogio bag is a little tight on my helmet visor and is really only big enough for riding gear. If you want to pack riding gear + a few clothes in one bag, the 9800 is probably too small - although I pack half of costco with me everywhere it seems.

If you buy the bags from Canada's Motorcycle or one of the other on-line retailers, you'll get it WAY cheaper than buying the fancy Motorfist Ogio bag from your local dealership ($210 compared to $300+). Ogio Rig 9800 LE Wheel Bag - Travel Bags - Gear Bags - Accessories - - Canada's Motorcycle

On that note, Costco had nice Reebok Hockey bags with wheels on them for $50 I think. Bought 2 of them a while back for my sons who are also starting to ride a bit more.

If you're going the plastic tub route, Rona has some black tubs with yellow lids. They're tough enough to stand on and still only $30 I think. We also have a few of these for our oil jugs, tools, spare belts (and maybe a bottle or 2 of rum).

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Guess I should of mentioned it may double as a travel bag sometimes. I like the idea of all my gear being neat and organized in the bag.

biggie25

Reaction score
I got both the team bag and kodiak bag.. there both great bags.. the team bag is big enough to hold helmet, boots,gloves,jacket,gloves,bibs and a bunch of ur odds and ends.. then i use the kodiak bag for my clothing. Its nice to have matching gear.. nice clean look.. and easy to manage your items instead of having 3-4 bags for everything..

aocbiz

Reaction score
I have the Klim bag and ya it's a good bag, but I suggest something with wheels......:hemiCoupe:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gone through a lot of different gear bags over the years. I used to travel to the US quite a bit for some events as well that made me appreciate a quality gear bag with a few options I cannot get in current gear bags.

I have a 9800 that I have had for a few seasons. It was also my dirt bike bike but since have added another bag for the dirt bike gear that does not have wheels as I rarely travel for multiple days with dirt bike gear.

The 9800 is a solid bag. The Sled design they use for their wheels is durable and rolls better than the typical roller blade style wheels. It has lots of grab handles on it for carrying and hucking around. As mentioned it does not have separate storage for your regular clothing. I can fit all my riding gear, plus a change of clothes for 2-3 days in it no problem though. I only pack the essentials.

A few misses I think would improve this bag is a zip off top half that would carry all my regular clothing and I could leave at the hotel if I wanted to take the bottom half with me. Also, I think a bag like this would be great if it had back pack straps. Hiking of a few levels of stairs a few times a year at hotels would be better than smashing it up and down stairs.

I picked up a few Ogio bags from Canada motorcycle last summer for cheap. The 8800 is good for the girlfriend and she uses it both for summer and winter. She can actually fit into it. I picked it up for like $46. I have a 8600 I think for my summer gear. Again picked it up for like $25.

If you want the ultimate gear bag, and I regret selling mine a few years back as it would be prefect for sledding when travelling this is what I would suggest. I made likely 40 trips with this bag, flying to various places, loaded full with gear, not once did it get damaged. I may even look for one of these again. It isn't a sled gear bag but these bags are made for guys who travel a lot and there is older versions still available online.

hmmc

Reaction score
Bought my first ogio 9800 7 years ago and has been around the world twice. On top of that back and forth to camp for 5 years running strong. Only marks on it are from the baggage handlers. Zippers all work good and no rips rides around in the back of my service truck steady. 275-300 seems like a lot but a 60-75 hockey bag that won't last as long and doesn't have lifetime warranty like an ogio it's a pretty simple answer. My whole group is running them and the guys who didn't want to drop the cash eventually did.

straightshooter

Reaction score
I liked my ogio 9800 so much I had to buy another one. (Not because it was damaged. I got it for $125 bucks) They are extremely tough. when the trailers full of sled my bag rubs on a arms and running boards for 2000km per trip. Had it for 4 years now and do about Ten trips a year. No wear once so ever starting to get dirty tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the 9800 seems like a sure thing. Thanks for the replies. Will be picking one up when I get back to town

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 9900 for all my gear, avy pack, boots, helmet etc and another 9800 Motorfist bag for travelling clothes, boot warmer etc. One bag stays in the trailer.
The bags have lifetime warranty and are tuff as hell. When the bags are loaded the wheels are super smooth and easy maneuver. I have taken my Motorfist bag thru Costa Rica as luggage. Ogio rocks

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hockey bag here, even has separate storage on each end for your boots and is vented. Can't beat the price....... I have learned to not cut corners on Snowmobile gear, however in this case I see no reason to pay extra for a "Sled specific" bag.

Top Bottom