New Flash

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wifes sled will randomly flash the word muffler across the screen then the engine temp light comes on along with check engine. If you shut off the sled and fire it back up all is gone until it randomly pops up again. This is with an MBRP can. The flash is suposed to fix that.

Yes the new flash is supposed to eliminate this from happening. Mine wasnt doing it with the HPS can but most others are from what I have seen.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what they told me it was something to do with the fuel mapping to stop overheating and add more fuel to bottom end. Who knows though, I heard two different stories when I was there. Didn't do anything with the hand warmers. The larger stator in the 14's supplies the heat. I did have a hesitation around the 6000-6500 rpm mark that has disappeared since having the update done. I didn't think it ran bad before, but it does run better now.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The code your getting from your aftermarket cans is a low temp warning , they added this on the 14's after a bunch of 13's had the sensor rattle loose which caused the open hole where the sensor was to burn the plastics , the new flash is just to broaden the range of the low temp sensor , some stock cans are getting this code as well , dealer told me it won't affect the way the sled runs when you flash the code, this is wrong , when mine flashed the muffler engine temp code it got really boggy, but shut down the sled and restart and it was good to go no code..

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The code your getting from your aftermarket cans is a low temp warning , they added this on the 14's after a bunch of 13's had the sensor rattle loose which caused the open hole where the sensor was to burn the plastics , the new flash is just to broaden the range of the low temp sensor , some stock cans are getting this code as well , dealer told me it won't affect the way the sled runs when you flash the code, this is wrong , when mine flashed the muffler engine temp code it got really boggy, but shut down the sled and restart and it was good to go no code..

I thought when the sensor falls out then the ecm pours fuel to it and that's what caused some of the stock suitcases to light up? Would make sense for them to add the muffler warning so the rider checks the sensor.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought when the sensor falls out then the ecm pours fuel to it and that's what caused some of the stock suitcases to light up? Would make sense for them to add the muffler warning so the rider checks the sensor.

Ya pretty much the new flash is to give the sensor wider parameters because right now the sensor is throwing a code at lower operating temps and should only be throwing a code if it loosened and fell out

znowman_9

Reaction score
The wifes sled will randomly flash the word muffler across the screen then the engine temp light comes on along with check engine. If you shut off the sled and fire it back up all is gone until it randomly pops up again. This is with an MBRP can. The flash is suposed to fix that.

Exact same for my 14 freeride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom