New Flash

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my dealer tells me there is a new flash for the 14s? I have an HPS and havent had any codes. Do I just keep riding or should I take it in? What is the flash supposed to fix?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell the new flash just adjusts the 2nd exhaust temp sensor so it's not being tripped by many of the aftermarket cans. If you don't have any issues I'd leave it until you take it in for the 10hr service.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does the dealer service when i take it in?
It may vary from dealer to dealer but mostly tightening, aligning, retorques, adjustments. Most of it you can do yourself but they can readjust your TPS which you can't do. The list of things they do should be in your operator manual under service.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called and talked to them about it. They know full well I am capable of doing all this myself. But did suggest I bring it in to avoid any warrenty issues down the road.
They change the chain case oil. Which it to back because as soon as I get it back i am going to put my clutch kit in it. They said they will hook it up to the buds as well and make sure everything is up to date.

Oh and the new flash they told me about was just to make sure the break in % was showing up.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that has had their 13' in for the new flash that the handwarmers actually work like the 14's?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i got the 10 hr service done yesterday and they told me there was a new flash to fix all the issues guys were having with after market cans.
Going for a rip tonight hope it didn't screw something else up.

duggyb

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that has had their 13' in for the new flash that the handwarmers actually work like the 14's?

i don't think you can get this on a 13 because i was under the impression they went from a 28 watt stator to a 32 watt stator in 2014 to allow them to run more stuff at idle like handwarmers.

i did hear you can flash a 13 to have the throttle response of a 14 though.

superduty 348

Reaction score
I have a 13 and ask my dealer if there were any updates for the 13 and said nope, is this true? I am curious about the handwarmer update thou.

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 13 and ask my dealer if there were any updates for the 13 and said nope, is this true? I am curious about the handwarmer update thou.

I'll let you know after saturday. Need a new key programed so I'll find out what comes up when he plugs it in.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I learned something new the other day. I have seen no codes on my 2014 other than the occasional "high temp" on an icy trail before I put down the scratchers or dipped into the pow.

When I took it in for the 10 hour check, the technician told me about the "codes" it has stored in the computer. I had popped various codes unknown to me.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
The wifes sled will randomly flash the word muffler across the screen then the engine temp light comes on along with check engine. If you shut off the sled and fire it back up all is gone until it randomly pops up again. This is with an MBRP can. The flash is suposed to fix that.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by clean up the bars?
The switches on the 13's are located on the console already.

It moves the headlight switch to the console too. So..a guy COULD get rid of the plastic pod on the left and go to the little reverse button from the XRS. I was mainly pointing out the handwarmer at idle thing.

Top Bottom