New decking for sled deck

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking of replacing the decking on my deck, what has everyone been using? just 3/4" plywood? i thought about rolling on some sort of deck grip paint, and then putting on super glides. Any other ideas or options dont be afraid to list em/ post pics.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try marine grade plywood i think that is the what marathon use to use on there decks (same as the old wood box liners )
This stuff last pretty good my deck was built in 2007 and it's still in great shape
And is used year round been out of truck for a total of 3 months in @ 9 years

Last edited:

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My full lotus deck has composite decking on it and I love it. No need for superglides and will never rot. I suggest this over any plywood hands down.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Infiniboard from M-line is pretty sweet. Probably close to what the FL uses. He uses one large piece for the main decking so there's no seams. Pretty slick

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The plastic decking is nice but it's crazy expensive and it's not as rigid as wood if your decks not designed to support plastic decking you can have issues with sagging and warping

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I believe firefly(ron paradis) on the site has the xdecking too, or can get it.... He was clearing it out a while ago, cheap. Maybe shoot him a "pm" and see what he has left?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Infiniboard from M-line is pretty sweet. Probably close to what the FL uses. He uses one large piece for the main decking so there's no seams. Pretty slick
I called and checked price

400 a sheet from m line for infinite board

I'll just replace at 29.95 a sheet every 5 plus years lol

sent while drinking tea's

rgashkei

Reaction score
My deck is at least 15 years old with pressure treated on it now and just needs to be replaced this year. I am going to go treated again, 15 years is long enough of a life span for me.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called and checked price

400 a sheet from m line for infinite board

I'll just replace at 29.95 a sheet every 5 plus years lol

sent while drinking tea's

Ha not cheap nope. Would be a tough pill to swallow. Mine came with it from new but doubt I'd pay to have a deck done with it.

docloh

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking of replacing the decking on my deck, what has everyone been using? just 3/4" plywood? i thought about rolling on some sort of deck grip paint, and then putting on super glides. Any other ideas or options dont be afraid to list em/ post pics.

I used marine grade plywood & stained grey with grit added to the mix. Works great and you don't slip around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an x deck. Ripped that decking apart in no time with the sleds

yes you still need glides if you care about ripping it . Its not perfect but much better than regular plywood

picked mine up from Wholesale liquidators 70.00 for a 4x8 sheet . I have redone 3 trailers and 2 decks with this stuff and used it for flooring of my wall tent at our hunting camp

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use good plywood, stained underneath, top with roll on boxliner. (brushed and worked into the plywood) Refresh the coating every summer to keep it looking mint and builds up the protection.

newfiebullet

Reaction score
2x8's pressure treated on mine. Put them nice and tight together, they will shrink a small bit and it allows water to pass through without puddling like plywood. Both my trailers have this. Way stronger then plywood also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
i might have to check out the x-decking and see what it looks like. where does a guy get marine grade plywood? windsor maybe?? im gonna need 3 4'x8' sheets to do the deck and slides so i think the infiniboard is out... black powdercoating is peeling too, want to put armor guard on it. anyone know of a cheaper place to get the sides and headache rack done?

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i might have to check out the x-decking and see what it looks like. where does a guy get marine grade plywood? windsor maybe?? im gonna need 3 4'x8' sheets to do the deck and slides so i think the infiniboard is out... black powdercoating is peeling too, want to put armor guard on it. anyone know of a cheaper place to get the sides and headache rack done?

Line X out of Leduc. Super good dude and great prices.

Clay911

Reaction score
Marine plywood stained lasts a VERY long time and is affordable. Even infiniboard i would put superglides on for the traction. Once you walk on superglides you dont want to not(its a long ways down off a lifted truck)

I forget the name but there is a place in Calgary i was told that sells infiniboard for a fraction of what Mline sells it for.

Top Bottom