New camoplast 3.2??

justin_14

Reaction score
Anyone try to fit the new camo 3.2 track in a pro?
will it fit when running 7 tooth drivers. Thinking of getting that over the 3" just the local shop/dealer doesn't know.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the 3'' will fit with 7 tooth drivers, however the 3.2 absolutely requires the drop and roll. An extra $1200ish

justin_14

Reaction score
So I bit the bullet and ordered the 3.2,
doing the avid drop and roll with the c3 belt drive.
avid said I can get away with a 8 tooth driver.
now my next question is what should I do with the clutching? I am planning on turboing it this summer so I'm not worried sbout the stock engine power.

knocksum

Reaction score
Gear down with your C3 belt drive and you maybe close. Fine tune once you try it. I would be more concerned with keeping the skis on the ground. Maybe the KISS coupler or ARC is your next investment.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I bit the bullet and ordered the 3.2,
doing the avid drop and roll with the c3 belt drive.
avid said I can get away with a 8 tooth driver.
now my next question is what should I do with the clutching? I am planning on turboing it this summer so I'm not worried sbout the stock engine power.

By going with the 8 tooth rather than 7, you are taking away half of the space you opened up with the drop and roll (1/2"). 8 tooth would be just a little more than what the 7 tooth and X3 is. I would think (especially with that big of paddles stuffing that much more snow through) that it would be way more efficient with the 7's.

justin_14

Reaction score
That was my original plan was to go with the 7t, after talking with the avid guy. they "highly recommend" to stay with the 8t because of the risk of the track delaminating With the smaller dia. I know lots of people said that about the 3" when it came out but never really heard of it actually happening. I went with the he 2.40 ratio on the c3, its lower than stock so hoping that'll work.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess we'll see how many Polaris tracks delaminate this year. Lol. All the worries are from the old style tracks with small drivers. But how many of those old sleds had tiny rear wheels and no delam issues.

Ratio should work pretty good. Equal to just over 2.25 compared to stock drivers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom