new bars...

lovinmclovin

Reaction score
Website
www.mclevinindustries.ca
repairing my bunged up sled... anybody have reccomendations on handle bars???

i was thinking putting some moto pro tapers on. or is it best to keep the stock for height or what and the down bends for tight turns??? any info or experience would help!

sledhead01

Reaction score
I just put a set of pro taper evo bars on my 05 rmk haven't went for a ride yet cause not enough snow but around the yard they sure feel good nice looking bars just my .02 :beer:

sledhead01

Reaction score
I think they're all just moto bars..honestly couldn't tell u though..thee ones come with markings on both ends of the bars so u could cut them down if needed. had to buy the bar clamps to mate to my power madd riser

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya im thinking i will go with the tapers... is the evo like a sled specific or are they all just moto bars???

Id reccomend the 2 PC RSI Risers. Get a piece of 7/8" Pipe and mount you controls Inbetween the riser, if it is a Doo Rev or XP.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2010 I ran renthal fat bars with the brp 2007 summit grips as they were short and had the elements inside, you will need to get a set of risers that have a 1 1/8 diameter to fit the bars. I used Advan-tech billet dog bone risers and mounted the control box between the risers in the center, and ran a long bot/nut and washer combo to fasten the controller, it looked great and kept the module out of the way of damage....
this photo was before I moved the module... as it was too tight with the brake and I did not have enough room on the bar, once I moved the module it was gravy baby...
I loved the feel and strength of the bars and the flex, but I would suggest going for as low as a bend bar as you can get, try the suzuki RM low bend if you can find that, I'm 6'2 and thought taller was better, but now I'm going a different direction this year as my Summit FR came with 1 1/8 bars stock..

Attachments

• demo photo 003.jpg
    demo photo 003.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 116

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my case the new iq grips are about a inch too narrow for my hands........so i need straight bars to mount my controls in narrower for wider grips, rsi has lots to choose from, i could go wider but it just feels weird.

Top Bottom