New 850

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity, everyone seems to be fixed on the 3 inch tracks here... what about the 2.5s ... will they spools up faster? what kinda track speeds on those sleds? im assuming that with the improved throttle response everyone on here is ranting and raving about it will be yet even more impressive with a shorter lug height track... am im wrong>?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More and more I hear the ride reports I want to see this motor boosted..
Took Neil on the ride yesterday. He was all over that sled like a Bee on honey. He loves the sled and said it will be an unbelievable turbo sled. Its going to happen Fred. Every turbo manufacturer will be on the bit this summer building kits.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity, everyone seems to be fixed on the 3 inch tracks here... what about the 2.5s ... will they spools up faster? what kinda track speeds on those sleds? im assuming that with the improved throttle response everyone on here is ranting and raving about it will be yet even more impressive with a shorter lug height track... am im wrong>?

I rode the 165 2.5 and actually thought it was a 3 inch because it worked so well. Didn't even know until someone told me. The motor feels stronger on the 3" though with the extra grip.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree I'm a 2.5" fan. If the new track is that much better than the 2.5" should be better than the previous years 3".

Hum order a 2.5" when avid builds a 3.5" pitch driver stick a 7t on it and the attack angle will improve. I've been told with the 3" there is over a inch of clearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New 850 is junk.
get him!

simpsons-angry-mob.jpg

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new doo just arrived in town at our local dealer. It sure looks alot nicer then the pictures. Its nice and narrow looking, the cockpit sure is narrowed up alot, glad i finally got to take a look.

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone notice if the brake fluid reservoir is still the cheap, or should I say the expensive Brembo plastic?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed when I kept it clamped for 2-3 minutes straight the RPM dropped to 6500. It was still in break in mode so could possibly be the computer telling me not to be such a prick or possible heat soak. There was no snow on the vents this was a straight up climb. Could have been clutching as well.

Maxwell are you hearing this? "Straight up climb" Maybe this motor won't be good for your style of riding?

Top Bottom