New 2015 Chevy Duramax blown Engine

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You still will get 400,000kms with a Cummins.

Youll get that with a duramax as well. Just comes down to how it's used and maintained. I have a dodge, it's a piece of crap compared to my duramax. Rusted apart already and the front end is falling out of it.

Duramax is designed for 200,000 hard commercial miles. Atleast you'll have a truck left when the engine needs a rebuild. You might have a cummins left but no truck.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Youll get that with a duramax as well. Just comes down to how it's used and maintained. I have a dodge, it's a piece of crap compared to my duramax. Rusted apart already and the front end is falling out of it.

Duramax is designed for 200,000 hard commercial miles. Atleast you'll have a truck left when the engine needs a rebuild. You might have a cummins left but no truck.
There's a guy I just seen on Facebook, 1 million miles on a 08-10 lmm truck , original running engine

I just did a injection pump on a 07 lbz that had 688000 km

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tater on here has high 300k on his lmm. Mike with 190k drives like its brand new still.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 362 000km on my 07 duramax classic

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 367000 on my 97 k3500 6.5 diesel

Dam thing still has the original shocks and u joints in it lol

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a 2015 duramax ltz z71 picked it up from the dealer drove home 32 km and engine coolant low light came on...immediately phoned dealer and they said bring it back. Gave me a rental next morning took 3 days to diagnose problem said head gasket was faulty and needed to be replaced, so i said transfer my sled deck to new truck and lets try this again. i didn't spend 80000 on a truck and right out the gate I'm starting with engine issue, so a little back and forth and said they didn't have a equal truck to what i bought on the lot all they had was high country which was 9900 more. i informed them wasn't my fault and i wasn't saying it was theirs either knowingly selling me a monday truck, but the GM of dealership got involved and said because i didn't fly off the handle screaming, cussing and treating to sue he would do the right thing and get me into the new truck with no extra charge! so try keep your cool and hopefully they play ball, not sure where you bought yours but mine was from lakewood chevrolet in edmonton...would definitely recommend them my salesman was jim bell and went to bat for me and got the job done. don't give up

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is awesome they helped you out like that Would have loved to get a high country but $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
388k on my 2011 ford 6.7 runs like the day it came home, 1 rad, egt sensor and a def heater, maintenance is key, have a couple buddies in the high 200k low 300k on 08-10 duramax's as well with little to no engine issues.
good fuel, good oil, warm up and cool down

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
06 lbz with 415,000km, oil cooler seals, coolant tank cap, one rear axle seal, block heater cord, u joints, fuel filter head rebuild, those were the only thing that needed replacing that wasn't because of my own fault.

I just redid the whole front end, that it did need.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought a 2015 duramax ltz z71 picked it up from the dealer drove home 32 km and engine coolant low light came on...immediately phoned dealer and they said bring it back. Gave me a rental next morning took 3 days to diagnose problem said head gasket was faulty and needed to be replaced, so i said transfer my sled deck to new truck and lets try this again. i didn't spend 80000 on a truck and right out the gate I'm starting with engine issue, so a little back and forth and said they didn't have a equal truck to what i bought on the lot all they had was high country which was 9900 more. i informed them wasn't my fault and i wasn't saying it was theirs either knowingly selling me a monday truck, but the GM of dealership got involved and said because i didn't fly off the handle screaming, cussing and treating to sue he would do the right thing and get me into the new truck with no extra charge! so try keep your cool and hopefully they play ball, not sure where you bought yours but mine was from lakewood chevrolet in edmonton...would definitely recommend them my salesman was jim bell and went to bat for me and got the job done. don't give up

That's great for you! I assume they fixed the truck and sold it again for new price with 32 kms on it. Mine had over 8000kms and they would have lost too much giving me a new truck is what I suspect. FYI too I didn't fly off the handle either, I really would have liked too but went through the dealer and gm assist (20plus phone calls) with no response till after my truck was fixed. She's fixed now and running good.

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they can't give you a nvis they have to sell it as a used or demo.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
If they can't give you a nvis they have to sell it as a used or demo.

Not true at all. I just bought a brand new Grand Cherokee with no NVIS. The dealer just gave me a letter stating it was "lost in transit". Registered it with no questions asked.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok let me reword that then. If they can't give you a nvis because it was previously registered somewhere then they have to sell it as used or a demo.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I said they sold it probably for NEW PRICE, not sell it as new truck.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
glad to hear it worked out for ya with no more issues hopefully, its very hard to keep your cool when dealing with such a big purchase though!

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is awesome they helped you out like that Would have loved to get a high country but $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

took a long time to get rid use to the interior color I've always been a black interior color, but I'm use to it now and really like it, way better leather and much more comfortable seats

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
06 lbz with 415,000km, oil cooler seals, coolant tank cap, one rear axle seal, block heater cord, u joints, fuel filter head rebuild, those were the only thing that needed replacing that wasn't because of my own fault.

These are the stories I like to hear about. Tough to justify shelling out $65k + for a new diesel when my '09 D-max has 225,000 on it and has had ZERO issues to date. Definitely the best vehicle I've ever owned. After having a money & time-sucking lemon before this one and hearing some of the other horror stories, think I'll be keeping this one for quite a few years.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

p.s. - love the disclaimer. I have a few of those also.

Top Bottom